Oliver Peoples Aeros

Natasha22

O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
I bought a pair of Aeros two years ago and—:pout:—just recently lost them. (Opened up the glasses case and it was empty!!) I found out from the company that the color of the frame was birch and the color of the lens was chrome amber. They said that color combo is no longer available, but they said that it was available as Aero 51, Aero 54, and Aero 57. Now, here's the thing: I'm looking to replace these in another color combo. But I don't remember whether the ones I lost were 51, 54, or 57.

Is there one of these three that is the most popular? Anyone know which would be most flattering? Anyone own more than one style of Aeros? I know these numbers relate to the widest part of the lens in millimeters. But I want to get my glasses from a discount Web site or on eBay (with an authenticity certificate of course).

Short of going into a Peoples boutique or an optometrist and trying them on (which I hate doing, as it makes it awkward to then just turn around and leave), is there any way to know which style to go with?

I Googled, and you'd think there would a site with a model wearing all three so I can compare the looks/fits, but there isn't.

Thank you!

I bought a pair of Aeros two years ago and—:pout:—just recently lost them. (Opened up the glasses case and it was empty!!) I found out from the company that the color of the frame was birch and the color of the lens was chrome amber. They said that color combo is no longer available, but they said that it was available as Aero 51, Aero 54, and Aero 57. Now, here's the thing: I'm looking to replace these in another color combo. But I don't remember whether the ones I lost were 51, 54, or 57.

Is there one of these three that is the most popular? Anyone know which would be most flattering? Anyone own more than one style of Aeros? I know these numbers relate to the widest part of the lens in millimeters. But I want to get my glasses from a discount Web site or on eBay (with an authenticity certificate of course).

Short of going into a Peoples boutique or an optometrist and trying them on (which I hate doing, as it makes it awkward to then just turn around and leave), is there any way to know which style to go with?

I Googled, and you'd think there would a site with a model wearing all three so I can compare the looks/fits, but there isn't.

Thank you!

I've had both the 51 and 54 and preferred the 54. Most places actually carry the 57, which I guess is for an average sized face. Mine is on the smaller side, which is why I liked the 54.

Hope this helps!!

I've had both the 51 and 54 and preferred the 54. Most places actually carry the 57, which I guess is for an average sized face. Mine is on the smaller side, which is why I liked the 54.

Hope this helps!!
Thanks for the quick reply! My face is "average size," I guess. I know from the company that the 51 is N/A. So I think I will have to go into a Peoples store (or optometrist that sells OP) and pull the old "Gee, I can't decide; I'll come back with my boyfriend" routine. I have a feeling that both will look good on me. It's just whether I prefer a smaller look. I do know that the 57 seems to be more popular, as far as images on the Web and what optometrists put on display.