Olive vs Olive and Pebbled vs Smooth

Minimouse

O.G.
May 20, 2007
Recently a smooth olive Rosemary tempted me and I simply couldn't pass it up (even though I already had a pebbled one). My plan was to see if I preferred one over the other and sell the other. However, the difference between the two (color and leather texture) is startling. They are both so different that they are both here to stay.

My first olive Rosemary:
2cgol53.jpg

My second olive Rosemary:
2zi96dh.jpg

The difference (indoors):
24yd6qw.jpg

2d7emhl.jpg

The difference (outdoors):
28sarli.jpg

Rear view:
jiyyig.jpg

Side view:
24yo3go.jpg

The colour in the photos isn't quite right. My dark olive pebbly Rosemary is a rich olive, no hint of brown. The lighter olive smooth Rosemary is, well, just a lighter olive. I love them both, but hadn't realized quite how much of a 'different animal' the same bag could be (albeit I know the leather came from different cows).

Now I need to focus on finding a ginger Rosemary.

Fuzzy, I'm also a 'pebbled' lover, but surprisingly enough the smooth olive Rosemary has won me over. It would work for more formal occasions, whereas the pebbled version is great for casual wear.

Ginger is very elusive, but I'm sure one will appear one day. I'm pretty patient.

I must be the most boring Mulberry collector ever, I adore the Rosemary and haven't ventured much further (except for my chocolate Roxanne and choc Antony).

Mini, the difference between both Rosies is startling. I've been looking at the pics trying to decide which one I prefer, but it's impossible to choose. They are both gorgeous in their own right so I can totally understand why you're keeping both!

They are both lovely, and very different! Isn't that great, btw, not two bags are the same? I slightly prefer the pebbled one, but as you're saying- they work for different occations, so totally understand you keeping both!

Think a ginger rosemary will be great!

It's impossible to choose. If pushed, I think I'd choose smooth one. But if both are totally new and sitting in front of me at the Mulberry shop, I may choose pebbly one!

Both are so beautiful!!!

Oh my word Mini :drool: what a beautiful sight. I have recently started to lust after an Olive bag and you have pushed me over the edge !
I adore :heart: the pebbled one just a teeny bit more than her smooth sister. I can see why they both have to stay.
Do you still have your pebbled and smooth black ones Mini?

Do you still have your pebbled and smooth black ones Mini?

Yes, pebbly and smooth black Rosemary bags are still with me. They really are different animals too. In my opinion the pebbly is definitely more casual, whereas the smooth is smarter.

If I had to choose between the pebbly and smooth olive Rosemary, I'd have to say the pebbly one is my favourite. It really does have the wow factor in real life because it collapses into a puddle of leather. It's the most amazing leather I have ever come across. However, the smooth one is more structured and very nice for smarter, more formal occasions.