olive leaf ear climber or hoop

bigheart

love porcupine tree
O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
So I would like some earrings from the olive leaf collection in either rose or yellow gold but can't decide between the ear climber or the hoop. I know these are somewhat different styles and the decision would vary depending on a person's style or what is already in your collection but give me some opinions, thanks!!

Got the climbers for my wife last year in YG and she really likes them - but either due to the design or her holes, they tend to rotate slightly. She has to adjust them to keep them "climbing".
I wrote about my experience with these in another thread, but the same thing happens to me...constantly. They are so beautiful, and I get compliments every time I wear them, but pretty much every time I catch myself in a mirror they're either sticking straight out or pointing awkwardly downward at a 45 degree angle. I've tried fastening them loosely, tightly, and everywhere in between, all with the same result...it drives me nuts. My daughter may end up inheriting them early because I don't reach for them too often...would much rather wear earrings I don't have to constantly adjust.

OP, unless you wouldn't mind having to adjust them frequently, I'd go for the hoops. They're just as lovely, and likely don't have this issue. HTH!

Reactions: etudes
I would get the climbers but make sure to wear them with a secure back that limits the movement.

I have non brand climbers that I LOVE and they dont move much aslong as I wear them with secure backs.

Ah I was literally coming here to ask that exact question as the olive leaf collection is one of my faves and I wanted earrings to make my rings.

Has anyone got any experience with the hoops? I've seen them in passing in person but never tried the on. I think the climbers moving would probably bug me after a while.

I highly recommend you try both on in person, if possible. I recently tried both in rose gold. The hoops are next on my list - definitely buying those. The climbers looked awful on me. Sorry I don't have pictures to share.