Oliplex hair care any opinions?

Rouge H

Exploring this land...one click at a time
O.G.
May 4, 2013
My salon has recommended Oliplex for hair maintenance, I was using Davines and am hesitant to switch.
Anyone use this, what are you’re thoughts?

I think that if your hair needs treatment from styling products & tools, coloring, highlights etc
this will get your hair into good condition.
Many use Kerastase with good results. I use Tweak'd with superb results so I stick to that
line of products & I've found my hair responds beautifully & is healthy looking
I've also used Davines. Philip B as well as Leonor Greyl both with good results.

I have the shampoo and conditioner and like them. But I'm going to start alternating them with a different brand though, only because I have very fine hair which doesn't need that much conditioning.
It is very good though and very economical as only a tiny bit is needed each time.

I’ve used Olaplex at the salon on my very heavily processed hair (think: going dark brown to platinum blonde) and it made a huge difference. I tried Olaplex #3 for home treatments - have yet to try the shampoo/conditioner, but I would imagine based on my experience as well as others’, Olaplex is the best brand available. My other go-to brand when I feel like spoiling myself is Kerastase.

Reactions: Tasha1
Love it! I have dark brown hair that's been highlighted for 5+ years and have absolutely no breakage, split ends, etc. I use a pea sized amount of the no. 3 hair perfector after washing. I previously read online reviews that a little goes a long way and was skeptical, but I find that it's more than enough for my long, thick, heavy hair.

The only hair brands I use consistently are Olaplex, Davines, and Kerastase (my hair is fine, type 1 to 2a mostly - my parents were 4b and 4c so no idea how that happened!, but there's a fair amount of it and I do highlight it a little). I love Olaplex Bond Maintenance shampoo. There's also a leave-in Olaplex that is great for any day you can get away with a wet-look bun. For the other brands FWIW I mostly use Davines Momo, and Kerastase Initiale.

Reactions: aishaalfalasi777
My hair is 3b/3a but I use two Olaplex's. I don't know what else you could use to fix chemically treated hair, but the frequency I use them is just me rationing them to last longer. So far they're pretty good. I'd leave them in for a long time but afaik it loses effectiveness after a while so there's no point leaving it in overnight or something.

#8 Bond intense moisture mask (every month or so)
#3 Repairing treatment (every few months; after bleaching/dying/chemical treatments)