Olimpia with black or gold hardware?

Cheryldc

Jul 19, 2018
I think I’m going to take the plunge and buy an olimpia in black! The question is whether I get black hardware or gold. I need it to wear on date nights, to dinner with friends, and to a very occasional fancy event like a wedding. Which one should I get?

Bagcoolie

Mar 16, 2014
My two cents worth: the brunito (dark grey matte) chain is a bit more susceptible to scratches and peeling. The golden one (not sure if it is brass) is less so. I prefer the former though as it is more understated plus I prefer matte finishes. I think a brass against black (which is what you are looking for) will give the bag a more formal touch and more suitable for the occasions you set out to use it for. It should look gorgeous .

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Dec 17, 2013
Another vote for the brunito hardware but only because I find gold more dressy. My lifestyle is super casual, thus I feel thr brunito finish is more casual and fits my lifestyle better. It really depends how you find the look of each and which hardware appeals to you more. Chances are the first one that makes you go [emoji7] is THE ONE.

Wozimom

Jul 10, 2015
A vote for gold. I am usually the "black everything" person and wanted a brunito+black leather Knot for the same purpose of those dressy(er) occasions.

When I tried both out in the store, however, the gold/brass hardware one definitely fits the bill.

Brunito+black (Knot) was more casual and modern looking, almost punk-rock-isque.