Olimpia Bag on the PurseBlog

Mousse

Boston Strong
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
Silicon Valley
This is an awesome bag. I saw it IRL at the Dallas boutique during my recent biz travels. I always make it a point to visit BV boutiques if the planets align on my biz trips.

annie9999

O.G.
Feb 22, 2007
i may be alone but i don't love it. it doesn't seem to have the softness that i crave from my bv. the chain and the structure say chanel to me. i applaud bv going in new directions- just this doesn't work for me. in all fairness i have not seen it irl- will have to check it out.

Last edited:

Viaggiare

O.G.
May 9, 2007
Saw it in the aubergine color in SF. It's a dressier bag for sure and a decent size. I remember thinking the flap was a little fussy with the two metal bars inside the bottom edge of the flap and two magnetic snaps. I do love that aubergine color, though.

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
i may be alone but i don't love it. it doesn't seem to have the softness that i crave from my bv. the chain and the structure say chanel to me. i applaud bv going in new directions- just this doesn't work for me. in all fairness i have not seen it irl- will have to check it out.
I have not seen it either. It looks very "ladylike" to me. If one were the type of person to dress up for work, or just as a lifestyle preference, then i think it would be perfect. I live that rather typical casual California lifestyle, so it's just not a bag I relate to, but I'm sure someone with a certain style could make it look great.

V0N1B2

Armchair Supermodel
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2009
It's my user name
You're not alone.
The handle is what I don't like. I like a flap style bag, but the half handle (as I would call it) is a turn off for me. I would prefer a full leather handle/strap like the pyramid or something. It's the thing that I don't like about a couple of the Disco totes from Gucci. The combination strap. I don't know, I don't care for it.
However, the colour is gorgeous, and there are millions of people who love this style. That's cool, all the more Venetas, Romas and Campanas for me ;)

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
I really like this, especially the grey Tobu snake version. But I like more structure and less casual bags. The Olimpia reminds me of the BV shapes from 8 years ago.