Older BE? (Not fake, right?)

remy005

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Hey, all ~ I was notified that there's a new listing of a BE on the bay, so I took a look. This bag doesn't look like any BE I've seen, in a number of ways. But I've only been a Belenista for less than a year, and undoubtedly earlier BEs differ (in style, lining fabric and other details) from the ones I'm more familiar with. (Btw, I just checked bonz and it's not listed there.)

If anyone wants to take a look, the item # is:

I have no interest in owning this bag, but I'm curious :confused1: since I hope we never have to worry about counterfeit BEs...

nunnla

Bonafide Bag Hag
Jun 20, 2007
Sunny Florida USA
It's definitely before my time ... handles look similar to those on the original TME and the leather looks like mottled gold but the lining, hardware and zephyr zipper are "funky". I've sent the link to Jackie and asked her if it is indeed one of her earlier bags.

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
looks authentic to me.. it's def an older style.. mottled gold.. could've been from a sample sale a long time ago... I'm sure jackie will clarify

Oct 24, 2006
Its definitely legit..I bought that same bag from BE in 2007. I think it was called the TMA as in Take Me Anywhere? The gold leather on that one is my favorite..love it more than the newer gold and was bummed they no longer have it. It was a lot thinner and really pale white gold almost..the mottled streaks were gorgeous although I do like the chewiness of the newer gold..I no longer have this bag but totally wish I still did!

remy005

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Great to hear -- i.e., reassuring...

Looking forward to nunnla's report of what Jackie says!

mayajuliana

~Mind, Body, Soul~
O.G.
Feb 23, 2007
That's a real BE. I've seen it before, I believe in an article interview with Jackie.

Moonfancy

O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
USA
It IS GENUINE. I already asked Jackie a few weeks ago! It's the Real Thing, and Jackie said it's a gorgeous, very well-made bag. I really love that old brass hardware!
:tup:

nunnla

Bonafide Bag Hag
Jun 20, 2007
Sunny Florida USA
Yes, Jackie also confirmed it to me too. Here's what she said

"Yes, it's the Take Me Anywhere Original, large. 2005 edition :smile: Mottled Gold, 2005 EDITION (the best ever)."