Old Wine or New Wine?

1sparkle4u

SF Bay Area
O.G.
Feb 3, 2007
Hi Ladies-I have not gone through the threads in a while and I see here talk of two different wine leathers. I purchased a wine MAM a little over two months ago that I have yet to carry. I am waiting on an Elisha strap that I have ordered from RM. My MAM has the new hardware and I am wondering if I have the new or old wine leather. Here are a couple of pics from the original ebay listing if that helps. Also wondering if they break in in a similar fashion. TIA!

Attachments

canyonaly

O.G.
Jan 25, 2008
I think the new leather is nicer, personally. feels like higher quality and color is more uniform and consistent which I consider to be a good thing.

beano

Dec 16, 2007
DC
i have an old wine MAM (dec 2007) and it does not have any gradient coloring at all. i personally think it looks a lot more uniform and softer than some of the newer (post-LC) Wines. the newer Wines look a little stiff-- wasn't there a post about people breaking in their Nikkis?

Attachments

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
If you are worried about whether the Elisha Strap that you ordered will match you have NO worries!! The strap will be the same leather that was used to make your MAM.. Your MAM is beautiful.. congrats!

Oh and p.s. WEAR HER ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

1sparkle4u

SF Bay Area
O.G.
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks everyone for the info.

Littlerock - that made me chuckle - I hold onto bags forever, afraid to make them my own. It started with a Forest Green(?) MAM I bought about 15 months ago. Carried it almost every day until ....I started carrying a BBW MAM three months ago. I have never strayed. My excuse for not carrying the Wine MAM is that I am waiting for the strap. I bought an Elisha on ebay a week or so ago that I love but I am not sure it is right for me so I will wait this one out and probably carry it around for a minute or so every other day until I make a decision. Glazed Espresso Matinee,,,waiting for winter. Dusty Silver Spot MAM sits on a shelf cause I am afraid I will be too hard on it. Night/Gold Matinee...is it too bold for me? And I have more! :wtf:

I guess this habit has developed from making RM purchases site unseen. And I hold on to them telling myself that when I decide, I can sell if it doesn't work out.