Old Vachetta to restore/dye/refurbish?

Niftythrifty613

May 25, 2020
Hi folks! I have an old LV Speedy 30 that I’ve been seriously debating updating with black dye on the vachetta. I just love the look and think it would be so versatile for my wardrobe. Does anyone think this vachetta is worth trying to save? Or is a dye job a great option to refresh this bag! Just looking for some opinions. Thanks!

Attachments

diamondsfrost

Dec 15, 2012
I vote try it on the old vachetta. If you mess it up, you can always opt to replace it with new at a cobbler? Or have a cobbler replace with new black leather directly?

Niftythrifty613

May 25, 2020
I vote try it on the old vachetta. If you mess it up, you can always opt to replace it with new at a cobbler? Or have a cobbler replace with new black leather directly?
Thanks! I have also pondered the Angelus Vachetta Coloured Leather Paint. But I do love the look of monogram and black. I’m also hoping to not have to entrust a cobbler or pay a ton of money for new handles. Just wondering if it looks awful to others as well with the darkened handles and if black dye would look better? I’ve been looking for a project bag to try it out, but I can’t seem to find one.