Old Style Large Sophia v. New Lindsey

HighlyFavored1

I heart handbags!!!!
O.G.
May 18, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have three Large Sophias and I love the size. I carry a lot of things in my purses everyday. I really like the look of the Lindsey but I don't know if I should invest in it if there is a dramatic size difference. I know that the Lindsey is smaller in length, but I don't want to lose too much space. If you have a Large Sophia as well as a Lindsey can you tell me if the size difference in length bothers you? Are you able to hold all of your things as in your Large Sophia? Thanks for the help!

My Lovely Large Sophias
4djlw.jpg

I have both bags and I think they are comparable as far as the amount they will hold. The Lindsey is shorter in length, but her height makes up the difference. I carry the same amount of stuff in my Lindseys as I do in my Sophias.

I have one Lindsey and just today two large Sophia's. Tbh, I've only used my Lindsey once. I loved her when I first got her, but I dunno anymore. I think I like the look of the large better. But I haven't used the larges yet. I've been using the regular size Sophia more. And from my experience thus far, it's easier to find your things in the Sophia vs Lindsey. Id love to hear others' comments. :smile:

I have both bags and I think they are comparable as far as the amount they will hold. The Lindsey is shorter in length, but her height makes up the difference. I carry the same amount of stuff in my Lindseys as I do in my Sophias.

Thanks! Do you stack your items on top of each other in your Lindseys to make up the difference in length?

I have one Lindsey and just today two large Sophia's. Tbh, I've only used my Lindsey once. I loved her when I first got her, but I dunno anymore. I think I like the look of the large better. But I haven't used the larges yet. I've been using the regular size Sophia more. And from my experience thus far, it's easier to find your things in the Sophia vs Lindsey. Id love to hear others' comments. :smile:

Thanks for your comment! Post back when you try out your Large Sophias and if it changes your feeling on your Lindsey.

Thanks! Do you stack your items on top of each other in your Lindseys to make up the difference in length?
You're welcome!:smile: I don't stack my things, unless I am carrying more items than usual. I typically carry a large wallet, large capacity wristlet, small wristlet, cell phone and a few odds and ends. Since I have been wearing gloves lately, they will go on top of the other items, along with my keys...I always have one of the small pouches or minis attached to them. I can take a picture if that will help.

You're welcome!:smile: I don't stack my things, unless I am carrying more items than usual. I typically carry a large wallet, large capacity wristlet, small wristlet, cell phone and a few odds and ends. Since I have been wearing gloves lately, they will go on top of the other items, along with my keys...I always have one of the small pouches or minis attached to them. I can take a picture if that will help.

Thanks! I would really appreciate that. :smile:

It depends on the item. While the Sophias are longer and the Lindsey makes up for it with her height, some items are easier to throw in there especially if you're on the go. For example, given textbooks and clipboards, I find I have an easier time throwing those into my Lindsey than my large Sophia because of how the Lindsey is shaped. However the throwing my laptop is easier with the large Sophia given I always put my laptop in horizontal and still have plenty of room for the bundle of electrical cords.

If you were to get a Lindsey, you'll probably end up using the bag that would suit you the most that day. I find Lindsey better for business and school stuff but Sophia easier for shopping because of her length (and small things don't have to be piled on top of one another).

Thanks! I would really appreciate that. :smile:
You're welcome!:smile: Here are some pics. I put an extra wristlet inside, so you could see how much it will carry. It will hold even more, but it does start to loose some of it's wonderful slouch, the more you fill it.

Attachments

• OrchidPatentLindseyFilled1.jpg
    OrchidPatentLindseyFilled1.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 882
  • OrchidPatentLindseyFilled2.jpg
    OrchidPatentLindseyFilled2.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 901
You're welcome!:smile: Here are some pics. I put an extra wristlet inside, so you could see how much it will carry. It will hold even more, but it does start to loose some of it's wonderful slouch, the more you fill it.

Thanks for the pics!!! It looks like it holds alot! This really helps!!! The items in your bag is what I would typically carry (and a little more :P!).

It depends on the item. While the Sophias are longer and the Lindsey makes up for it with her height, some items are easier to throw in there especially if you're on the go. For example, given textbooks and clipboards, I find I have an easier time throwing those into my Lindsey than my large Sophia because of how the Lindsey is shaped. However the throwing my laptop is easier with the large Sophia given I always put my laptop in horizontal and still have plenty of room for the bundle of electrical cords.

If you were to get a Lindsey, you'll probably end up using the bag that would suit you the most that day. I find Lindsey better for business and school stuff but Sophia easier for shopping because of her length (and small things don't have to be piled on top of one another).

Thanks! Most of my everyday items are horizontal, so I'll probably use my Sophias more often then the Lindsey. However, if I still decide to purchase the Lindsey I might use it on days that I don't carry so much (like on the weekends).

OMG HighlyFavored1 I love this thread because I'm struggling with the same dilemma except I have 2 Lindseys and I'm considering a large Sophia. I've never seen one IRL so I'm worried about the size difference. The biggest things I carry on a daily basis are my planner and iPad...maybe a pair of ballet flats or flip flops. Thanks for posting this :hugs:

I had both....I'm a HUGE Sophia fan..I own 3 large and 2 small and I bought a Lindsey because I had to have it. I loved how it looked. I hated it when I carried it. It didn't hold it's shape it puddled when sat down. It was harder to find stuff in it and I really only liked the color and the zipper on the outside. I sold it. It just wasn't what I wanted it to be. I would go to the store put your stuff in one and see what you think. I have bags that puddle so that wasn't a big deal but it was a combo of everything.

I have also heard the gathered doesn't puddle.

I have both and I feel like both fit the same amount of stuff and without stuffing it. I always carry a large size wallet, medium agenda, camera, phone, larger kristin writslet, medium to large make up bag, keys, and I still have room and not heavy at all. I love my lindsey specially because I can wear it crossbody not that long but long enough to be comfy when shopping.