Old stock in Chanel?

hungry_jacqs

Jun 7, 2008
Hi ladies, I'm completely new to Chanel and I have a question. Sorry if it sounds a bit stupid but I've tried searching for it and can't seem to find anything.

A seller is claiming that the bag she is selling was bought at the end of 2008 but the bags hologram tag is from the early-mid 11 series. From what I've read the 11 series is from 2007? But it doesn't seem likely that Chanel would keep old stock for more than a year. Or maybe the seller forgot the year she bought it in?
Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Boutiques are selling bags now from last years cruise and they aren't even classics. Nm and saks have bags from Paris moscou and who knows how much farther than that back. Plus this seller could have bought from reseller or no? In any case while I have no IDE re this bag it is entirely possible a bag from 2007 bought in 2008.
Hi ladies, I'm completely new to Chanel and I have a question. Sorry if it sounds a bit stupid but I've tried searching for it and can't seem to find anything.

A seller is claiming that the bag she is selling was bought at the end of 2008 but the bags hologram tag is from the early-mid 11 series. From what I've read the 11 series is from 2007? But it doesn't seem likely that Chanel would keep old stock for more than a year. Or maybe the seller forgot the year she bought it in?
Any help would be appreciated :smile:

^ Agree. It could also be that there is something about the bag that no one bought it right away and sat in the boutique for a long time. I don't think the timeline would concern me as much as the condition of the bag.

It is possible- remember our friend SassyGee bought a WOC from Saks this year and it was from 2006 and paid the price from 2006 too:P

I have had the wonderful opportunity of getting great deals from stock in the backroom. In your case, I think that there are some things that should do or consider:

1. The asking price, type of bag, and demand for the bag. Do your research to see if it is a seasonal bag and the popularity of the seasonal bag. Shop on various sites to determine the demand or if it is a bag that you having wanted for a long period of time and can no do without and fair market value. TPFers call this our holy grail (lol...although we often have many and it is constantly changing).

2. Have the bag authenticated privately or on the purse forum. There is a special thread for this and creating several threads asking this question is discouraged. Ask for several pictures of the bag including hologram stickers. At the purse forum there are many knowledgeable TPFers who can assist you on this thread. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...please-read-rules-use-format-post-611533.html. Please follow the rules.

3. Determine the time issues. If this is an immediate sale, you are not given a reasonable amount of time, seller can not answer your questions, or the auction is ending soon and you have not gathered information from the seller...I would be very cautious. As an educated consumer, I would probably pass. Many issues have also been posted on this thread. http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/fake-chanel-post-it-here-42018.html

If you have gathered enough information about the purse and feel comfortable about your decision then make your purchase. Congratulations, post pics on TPF, and enjoy your new bag upon arrival.

This fourm has a wealth of information. HTH.

There are lots of places like Saks, NM, etc that have bags in the backrooms....it can be a virtual treasure trove....I know I've seen a 9 series cambon tote in ours! LOL What type of bag is it?

Thanks girls for helping me out :smile: I will do as you have suggested.
It's a classic caviar black jumbo, the bag is from the original owner who bought it from the store. It's pretty much brand new and comes with everything but the box. Which now makes me wonder if it has any defects I'm not being told about or shown. :S