Old school Suhali: Pre-loved reveal!

keb7332

I speak kitty
O.G.
May 9, 2006
I've been salivating over LV since 2004, and made my first purchase of canvas Murakami Cerises in 2005. In the early 2000s, a collection made from goat leather called Suahli was introduced, and it became the priciest of LV leathers at the time, with bags retailing in the several $1000s. I believe it was discontinued in 2011 or thereabouts. Of course I never thought then that I could afford one, but was looking at it on ebay earlier this summer, and noticed that the resale value of Suahli has fallen dramatically. So here it is: my new-to-me pre-loved Suhali collection!

First up is a blue L'Ingenieux PM, followed by a blanc Lockit clutch, and finally a blue pochette cles. I'm still kind of in disbelief that I own them now. Thanks for looking! :love:

suhali L'Ingenieux.jpg
suhali L'Ingenieux back.jpg
suhali L'Ingenieux side.jpg
suhali L'Ingenieux lock.jpg
suhali L'Ingenieux inside.jpg
suhali lockit clutch.jpg
suhali lockit clutch lock.jpg
suhali lockit clutch key clochette.jpg
suhali lockit clutch inside.jpg
suhali cles.jpg
suhali cles 2.jpg

Lovely pieces! Our LV journey is very similar. I always wanted a Suahli and honestly kind of forgot about them. Off to browse eBay!
It's possible we could have been on any of the old LV boards in the early 2000s, as a lot of OGs here used to be. I used to help moderate one, but it was too demanding and you can't please everyone, lol. Thank you for your kind words, and good luck finding your Suhali piece! :flowers:

Reactions: multicolordreams
Beautiful! The Suhali leather bags and SLGs have always been one of my favorite lines from LV. I still have one and I still love it. Your pieces are gorgeous. I think the Suhali line is very well made as well as timeless. Congratulations!

Reactions: keb7332
Beautiful! The Suhali leather bags and SLGs have always been one of my favorite lines from LV. I still have one and I still love it. Your pieces are gorgeous. I think the Suhali line is very well made as well as timeless. Congratulations!
Thank you so much! :flowers: The L'Ingenieux still has a fantastic leather smell, which has to be hard to find in a bag made in 2003. It just goes to show how unpredictable the secondhand market can be, because I wouldn't have guessed that the resale value of Suhali would go down like it did.

Reactions: SDBagLover
Good for you! It's a great trio! I started buying LV in late 2006 and my first purchase was the Popincourt Haut. I noticed the Le Fabuleux in the store and my jaw dropped. I loved it, but it was so expensive. I purchased a pre loved one online with Yoogis Closet back in February. I haven't
used it much yet, but super happy it's in my collection!