"Old" Neverfull without the pochette

jennifer-j

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
About 6 months ago, I wanted to buy a Neverfull MM in damier, but I ended up buying another purse instead. Last week, I went to the LV store to buy the Neverfull, but they only had an a newer, more expensive version, which includes a pochette.

Because I already have the pochette accessoire, I don't need another pochette. Because the neverfull is an entry level bag of LV, I find the current price quite high, considering I won't be using the pochette. Does anyone know if it's still possible to buy the old version of the neverfull? Is it permanently discontinued? Do some stores still have this item in stock? The SA was in a hurry and wasn't very helpful.

One last question: is the new Neverfull exactly the same as the old one, aside from the pochette and the changed interior? When I tried on the old version months ago, I noticed it sagged quite a lot. The new version seemed a bit more sturdy to me, but since it's already six months ago since I've tried on the old version, this could be just an impression.

The new version includes the pouch and the interior lining is different.....the font is different and there are no flowers. The pocket is also not lined with the material that you can wipe like the original. You can call the 866 # and ask them to check but it's been a while and they are probably gone but you never know!

Last edited:
I think they reinforced the base so it should have less sag. I am not sure if they made the shoulder straps softer, but I find my neo NF MM DE to be comfortable where others with the older model said they weren't ???

If you absolutely can not find the older version, have no use for the pouch and want to recoup some of the difference...you could sell the pouch that comes with the newer version. There have been some that sold on ebay for over $300. If you use the advanced search tool and look at the sold listings (I just searched Louis Vuitton Pouch), you will see them and the prices that they sold for.

If you absolutely can not find the older version, have no use for the pouch and want to recoup some of the difference...you could sell the pouch that comes with the newer version. There have been some that sold on ebay for over $300. If you use the advanced search tool and look at the sold listings (I just searched Louis Vuitton Pouch), you will see them and the prices that they sold for.
Was thinking of doing that myself. GMTA :smile:

I went to pick up the old neverfull GM in DE earlier today and they told me that it was discountinued and they aren't allowed to sell them anymore. They suggested I call the 866 # to see if there were any more in the US. I called the 866 # and they told me that one of the other stores by me has one in stock. I was really excited so I called that store to inquire about the bag and they said that they can't sell it to me. They keep the few bags they have left just in case people want to exchange them, but they aren't allowed to sell them. It's really confusing, but I understand if that's the policy. The guy then went on to say that the bag they had was defective and then asked me why I didn't have the people at the 866# connect me to him.. it was very rude! Anyway, I reported him to the 866# and they took my name and number and said they'd call me if they could locate one in the US and have it shipped to me. I haven't heard back. I already have the mini pochette in DE so I don't really need the pouch w/ the newer model which is why I was trying to track down the older model. Good luck finding one!