OLD Mulberry is AMAZING Mulberry

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
I understand all of you ladies out here who were talking about old, good leather....and all I had was new Alexa in Oak...thinking - what could that old good leather be ? Why is Alexa which looks amazing so "less good " than good old ????

I FOUND OUT !

I placed my bid for an OLD, Darwin oak Bays which was so beaten up, with twisted flap, one handle lost rigidness at the bottom, darkened handles...but there was something in the photos, like some old treasure was screaming form the pics. I payed and waited and waited thinking that I might have made a mistake

today I GOT IT !!!

OMG !!!! It is soooooooooooo amazing. Old, 6 years old, worn Bays is by far my favourite.

I bought two newer style Mulberry bags, sludge bays and sludge large E/W bays, and yes - they are amazing suede and all, but this one has SOUL, it has lived, it has so much more to live, I believe for generations, it will only get better with age

I now fuly understand it !!!! I was avoiding all Target threads, shiny leopard, sparkly tweed and was looking for the REAL Mulberry. If this is the real Mulberry, then I understand where they are going, they will lose lots of customers. Ebay will be the only place for good old Mulberry. They might become priceless.

I am at work and will post pics as soon as I can.

this is from the auction :yahoo:

attachment.php

Attachments

• bays2.jpg
    bays2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
I have an old Darwin Bays too and I adore it!! You can't go wrong with it and most importantly, for me, it doesn't need baby-ing!! I hope you enjoy your new to you Bayswater. xx

I'm an OLD Mulberry fan- I love darwin leather and the styles from 2004/5. The 'new' Mulberry has lost me as a customer!!!!!!
Congrats on your gorgeous battered oak bays!!! I love mine too!!!

GORGEOUS!!! i just bought one too, a few weeks back and i haven't used another bag since! the one i got has a patina going on too, softer handles and a nice slouch. i had a tooled butterfly bays before this one and for some reason it looked 'too new' to me...deep down it was the classic bays i've always been lusting for. I've gone over to chloe a few times and bought and sold and edith in whiskey twice now. i love the look of it but the style is impractical and the weight was horrrible. The bays is SOO versatile, and beautiful, especially when it's oak and broken in....

i just want to say ijm right there with you on the old mulberry, lived in bays look! :heart: you hit the nail on the head with your post. i did manage to score a ledbury brand new in black darwin, which is on it's way to me, but i think the bays i have is my first love. congrats on your bag!

Congrats!

The seller is my friend (same prep school for our DDs) & living 3min drive away from me :biggrin: - I have sent the link of this thread to her. She is new tPF member too (guess who recommended it lol) hope she posts later...

HI everyone! This is my first post!! Have wanted to join TPF for ages and lovely ratrat (above) has guided me through the process! I am the seller of this lovely bag - so pleased you like it Vensa. When I told my client it had gone all the way to Oz she was amazed! I have been selling on ebay for 3 years and totally love it - Ratrat has helped me with some Mulberry research when I've had a vintage one to sell - I must say that her knowledge, and that of the rest of you on TPF is totally incredible! If you all got together you could write a thesis I recon! Now I've done my first post, hope to be on here loads more - I too am a complete Mulberry fan (who dabbles in LV epi leather) but nothing comes close to Mulberry in my book!