Old MJ Blake advertisement?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Okay, this is a long shot, but five years ago there was a magazine ad (for Nordstrom or Saks?) featuring a brick red Blake. The model was holding it on her shoulder and it was one of my first introductions into the world of Marc Jacobs. I remember staring at the page and wondering how I might ever be able to afford such a beautiful bag.

Five years later (thanks to eBay) I now have one of my very own! But I'd love to find a scan of that advertisement. Does anyone remember it?

2. ACK!!! I remember that!!!! I am like you!!! I had a Prada gauffre..saw the bag in a Saks catalogue..very carefully tore it out and kept it in the inside pocket of the bag...I LOVED that!!!....and then I sold it...what a perk for the buyer though!!!

I have no idea how you are going to get that though....

3. That would be tough... maybe look for the catalog on ebay? It might be easier to search for the whole catalog rather than just one page.

4. i vaguely remember this ad. wish i could find it for you. good luck with your search!

5. It was actually a Pomegranate Blake (a Bloomies exclusive!);)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. dang jj! you are awesome! and that ad is gorgeous!

7. So sweet of you to find that iluv. mmmm... pretty.

8. Oh waw, you found it!! That's awesome!!

9. you're welcome you guys!!:biggrin:
    when I saw the post yesterday, I thought I had it in my Photobucket a/c, but when I looked I didn't find it. I figured I had long deleted it - then today for the heck of it, I pulled out some of the discs I used when we got a new PC. I've misplaced most of my discs w/pics on it, but I found one today and when I opened it up, there was a folder with all my old MJ ads -- I have a TON of old MJ ads from the mags, celebs carrying MJ bags, pics of bags I no longer own, etc. I've added some of those pics to the Celeb thread over the years, but even I was surprised at some of the things I found on that disc!!

10. dang, you have a great memory iluv!

11. You are the queen of mj history. Honestly, you got a question, iluv to the rescue! ;)

12. I agree!!

13. :blush: Aw, thanks you guys!!:hugs::heart:

(altho, sometimes the fact that I can remember all this stuff only serves
    as a reminder how much older than most of you I am!!:P)

14. WOW..I am truly impressed you had that add--and found it!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is the OP? She will be thrilled..!

15. I completely agree!!! :yes: