Old Kirstin vs. New Kirstin

Mar 2, 2010
Quick Question:

Whomever that has both the Old Kirstin Tote and the New Kirstin Hobo, can they tell me if there is a difference b/n how the leather feels? I was just curious as to why there is such a big price difference b/n the two. TIA!!!!

I'd love to know, too. I assumed the leather is thinner, but I haven't had a chance to compare IRL. I have seen the new leather IRL and it is very nice and soft but not really thick and heavy like the old Legacy leather.

I'm wondering if the change in leather is due to the season these bags have been made for?

I saw more of the thick, glossy heavy leather released in the fall and winter...but now that we're transitioning into spring and summer, I wonder if the lighter leather is to accommodate that?

I have the old kirstin darcy cluth and I loved the leather that was used in making the old line. The new line leather is not as supple IMO. I so wanted to get a new kirstin hobo, but the leather seemed stiff to me. I was told by an SA that the price came down due to a change in the leather that kirstin is now being made in. She said that some customers complained about the price of the older bags, and that Coach wanted to make the bags more affordable this time.

My SA showed me her older Kristin tote yesterday. The leather is just beautiful and has a shimmer to it. The newer Kristin leather feels a bit thinner, but it is still TDF.

Yup, the 1st line came out 2009. I love my Kirstin Black Tote. I bought it with PCE and it still came out pretty pricey but its soo beautiful. I still haven't the heart to carry it yet. Below is the stock picture of my bag. When I finally get the courage to wear it I will take action pics :smile: I didn't buy anything this time around w/ my PCE card (gave it to my sister) b/c I didn't like the leather on the new Kirstin although I have to admit the Spring colors are beautiful. Crossing my fingers that I can find another one of these babes at the outlet in a different color and my dream will come true. [thats in addition to getting a camel patent sabrina, hehehe, so many dreams ") ]

attachment.php

Attachments

• M.jpg
    M.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 186