Old habits die hard! LV, Gucci, Dior and Prada owners... come on in!

MissLianne

PhD in shopping
O.G.
Dec 27, 2008
Hello ladies!

I really would like some of your opinions and advice. I'm in the market for a new bag. I *almost* bought the Louis Vuitton Galleria PM in Mono the other day. But after glancing down at my LV Speedy 30 in Azur (which is only a month old and the vachetta is in the so-called UGLY stage right now) I just got completely turned off.

I was thinking I should go back and work on my other collections that I have going. My second love is Gucci! My Gucci is stuff is mostly the signature canvas stuff: with the red/green handles and a lot of pieces from the luggage collection. My holy grail bag is the Gucci Pelham in medium with the braided straps BUT in the black Guccisima leather. I just DON'T want to spend $2500+ cdn. on that bag, I rather have 2 bags fo that price. So I was thinking of these two to either fulfill my Pelham craving OR my Guccisima leather craving (see attachments below).
... I would love to hear from owner's of these bags to contrast the quality in comparison to Louis Vuitton. I hear some bad stories about Gucci, yet have had nothing but good experiences with LV. HELP!

I think what's also steering me away from LV right now (besides the fact that I've bought 4 bags since March) is that I would really like to add something CLASSIC to my collection. Something in leather especially (I'm 24 years old). I would REALLY love a black leather Prada or Dior bag (under $2000.00). I don't own anything Dior but I do own a Prada Nylon bag that my Mom bought for me about 6 years ago- its held up pretty well with moderate use. Maybe you guys can recommend something for me (shoulder bag, tote shapes are preferable and black leather- monograms/markings are okay) Help me compare/contrast them with my choices?

:yahoo:
As you can see I'm crazy! I posted this in this forum (over the sub forums) since I lurk here a lot and I know a lot of you gals have some very extensive collections when it comes to designers and I'm sure you have some great reviews and/or rants about certain styles.

THANK YOU GALS!:smile:

Attachments

• 137621_FAF3G_1000_full.jpg
    137621_FAF3G_1000_full.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 211933_BEG1G_1000_001_full.jpg
    211933_BEG1G_1000_001_full.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 56
What you've heard about Gucci is mostly about the canvas IMO.

My leather high end bags are TDF. I only have good things to say about my Gucci and I have pretty much a couple of every premier designer (no Fendi as yet)

The Gucci Pelham is very practical and sexy but yes, the GG leather bags are on another level. I would bite the bullet and buy this:

http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/classics/handbag/#0-976100-137621D590G1000

and just wear it all the time

By the way there are a few threads about problems with LV quality esp new LV Vs vintage LV and LV zips, and you will see the same for other brands.

I must be alone in this but I don't mind my mono luggage looking a bit battered, maybe because it makes me look like a prize world traveller.:P

^^ I think with any product either low end or high end there will items built like steal and others that are just lemons!

I'm really leaning towards Gucci. I :heart: my LVs but ohhh that Gucci Pelham is TDF. I'm leaning towards that black GG canvas. I LOVEEEE LOVEEEE LOVEEEE the Pelham in Guccisima... But it will kill me to spend THAT much on myself. IDK... I'm only 24 and have my whole life ahead of me. If I'm spending almost $3000 on a bag now- what will satisfy me afterwards... A Birkin? LoL

....I'm wondering now about the different sizes in the Pelham. I wonder if I'll need the bigger size or the smaller size. I want to wear this bag for a longggg time and I know the big bag stage is NOT going to be around forever.