Old coach bag needs a dye job. Ideas?

isabellam

O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
I have a large bucket hobo that is about 20 years old. It started out as a taupe-type color, but I used the bag a ton, and it really shows.

I have been wanting a simple black hobo, when I realized that I have the perfect bag in my closet (the taupe bucket hobo) - it just needs a dye job. Can anyone recommend a dyeing service that would do quality work on my vintage treasure? How much should I expect to pay?

TIA!!!:biggrin:

Bunny is an expert in this area and she has a thread on Coach Shopping that is all about Older Bags...

If you can not find what you need there some will advice.... Have fun and Send us Pictures of the before and after...

I have a large bucket hobo that is about 20 years old. It started out as a taupe-type color, but I used the bag a ton, and it really shows.

I have been wanting a simple black hobo, when I realized that I have the perfect bag in my closet (the taupe bucket hobo) - it just needs a dye job. Can anyone recommend a dyeing service that would do quality work on my vintage treasure? How much should I expect to pay?

TIA!!!:biggrin:
Depending on if you do want to keep the original color or change it to something new, just remember you might change your mind later down the line and wish you had that original color still around :smile:

There are many types of dyes, and yes, you can have a professional do it, but I havn't gotten any estimated here locally so I can't even begin to give you an idea on cost from a company... but you can also do some self-dying work by picking up Tarrago or the Leather CPR dyes . I'd pick a bag you have that's crappy and test dyes on that first before your hobo get's it. Practice makes better, but don't use the target bag for practice :0

I would use the Leather CPR honestly, as it contains sealant for the color in the color, where I get the Tarrago dyes don't, but I'd read up ahead of time :smile: and practice before your final dye :smile: