Old Buckled Boyfriend vs New Buckled Boyfriend

hollywoodbadgrl

PURSE WH@R3
O.G.
May 12, 2010
I noticed that the older boyfriends the ones that were made first in May of this year had longer straps than the recently produced ones as of late. Is this true or is it my imagination?

OK, I just compared 4 of my BF clutches...newer and older. And unlike my 9 million MACs which can have pretty significant differences in chain length, all 4 of my BF clutches that I pulled out have the same length chain. For comparison, I used my distressed black bag which is one of the first BF clutches produced and my nude/black ostrich which is definitely newer. Even my black suede SS BF clutch has the same length chain.

What I did notice is that I do believe that giant tassel has got to go on my nude/ostrich bf clutch...I just noticed that it makes the bag look like it has a tail! :P I like the giant tassel on even slightly bigger bags, it looks good on my Mesh Rocker, but not so much on the BF clutch.

What may be giving you the illusion that the chain is shorter on the newer bags is that most of them now have the leather lacing going through the strap which IMO does make the chain "look" shorter...this is the case with my black suede BF and yet the chain is actually the same length as the others.

I will say though, that RM is not known for total constistancy so it wouldn't surprise me if there are random bags out there with shorter chains!

I also compared all of my BFs and the chain length is the same on all of them.

AND....after checking them out I decided to use my Olive Nubuck today! :P

OK, I just compared 4 of my BF clutches...newer and older. And unlike my 9 million MACs which can have pretty significant differences in chain length, all 4 of my BF clutches that I pulled out have the same length chain. For comparison, I used my distressed black bag which is one of the first BF clutches produced and my nude/black ostrich which is definitely newer. Even my black suede SS BF clutch has the same length chain.

What I did notice is that I do believe that giant tassel has got to go on my nude/ostrich bf clutch...I just noticed that it makes the bag look like it has a tail! :P I like the giant tassel on even slightly bigger bags, it looks good on my Mesh Rocker, but not so much on the BF clutch.

What may be giving you the illusion that the chain is shorter on the newer bags is that most of them now have the leather lacing going through the strap which IMO does make the chain "look" shorter...this is the case with my black suede BF and yet the chain is actually the same length as the others.

I will say though, that RM is not known for total constistancy so it wouldn't surprise me if there are random bags out there with shorter chains!

Take it off.... take it offfffff!! :woohoo:

Sorry to the OP I have nothing valuable to add. :shame:

What may be giving you the illusion that the chain is shorter on the newer bags is that most of them now have the leather lacing going through the strap which IMO does make the chain "look" shorter...this is the case with my black suede BF and yet the chain is actually the same length as the others.!

Very interesting! When I got my walnut mac today I thought sure the chain length was shorter than the burgundy one. When I compared them though they were the same. Now I see, it must be the leather lacing through the chain that gave it the appearance of being shorter.

Linda