OL Alexa seller's remorse - what would you do?

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
As you know I was first to buy this bag in Edinburgh when it was released however wasn't happy with the way it sat as I was used to a Bayswater. Now I've come to terms with the fact that Alexa is not a rigid bag and the style is definately for me.

I sold my OL Alexa shortly after buying it and then purchased a regular Oak and OS Ink.

Everytime I see the Oak Leopard Alexa I wish I hadn't let mine go and have decided to replace it however Mulberry are sold out and my local boutique who offered me 10% discount to buy from them are also sold out.

I have SH Discount so reluctant to buy from JL or Harrods.

What should I do?

Bite the bullet and buy from a concession with no discount?

or

Wait to see if they arrive at the Mulberry store and buy with discount?

or

Wait to see if an 'as new' one appears elsewhere?

Advice please as I am dreaming about this bag and have got a very bad case of seller's remorse.

are mulberry not getting anymore in? i would either wait to see if they arrive back in store or bite the bullet and buy from a concession with no discount, but only the latter if you really can't do without it

Tiree - are they really "sold out" at Mulberry or is it just their usual poor stock control?
I bought a putty clutch in late Oct (full price)as they were almost sold out or so I was told-yet midway through the sale lots turned up again :nuts:

Wait a few weeks to see if they turn up again. Did you check whether my wardrobe are getting in anymore?

I have to say I love my OL Alexa- I feel really special when I carry it (sad I know!!)

Last edited:
Tiree - are they really "sold out" at Mulberry or is it just their usual poor stock control?
I bought a putty clutch in late Oct (full price)as they were almost sold out or so I was told-yet midway through the sale lots turned up again :nuts:

Wait a few weeks to see if they turn up again. Did you check whether my wardrobe are getting in anymore?

I have to say I love my OL Alexa- I feel really special when I carry it (sad I know!!)

I called Mulberry today but their computer system is down and they were unable to check to see if there are any in other stores. Online is showing 'coming soon' but I am so impatient.

I didn't think to call MyW so I will call them tomorrow, thanks for that :smile:

Wait! The bag has to come in soon. Its a lot of money and with the SH discount you will save a lot of money. You already have 2 Alexas so you can have fun with them until the leopard shows up.
I am waiting for the tweed one... it takes forever....

Wait! The bag has to come in soon. Its a lot of money and with the SH discount you will save a lot of money. You already have 2 Alexas so you can have fun with them until the leopard shows up.
I am waiting for the tweed one... it takes forever....

My sensible head says you are right. I've come to terms with the fact that I have to wait on the black Alexa being released however it's frustrating when JL have this bag in stock however Mulberry do not.

I will try and wait however those of you who know me will know I am the world's worst at waiting.

Could you buy it from JL and keep it tagged/labelled, just for gazing at. And if Mulberry get one in return it?

It would be good if we could get a reciprocal agreement going with SH's within striking distance of Manchester/Leeds/London and outlets.

If Glasgow or Edinburgh stores have something OOS down south, we buy and send. And vice versa?

^^ Corries I've tried calling the english Mulberry stores to see if they have any as their computer system is down however the stores who have stock only have display stock and won't sell it. If I did find stock I was going to ask if they could send up to Scotland or if I could email them my SHcard along with drivers licence or something as verification.

Do you know if Mulberry inside HOF accept SH discount? The reason I ask is that I noticed their details are on the Mulberry website and wondered if, for that reason, they would accept the card.

Wait, wait , wait!!! It will be in stock again and the SH discount is worth waiting for.
You also want the black and in that case you have 4 Alexa's and you cannot wear them at the same time can you? Enjoy using the ones you have and you'll enjoy the OL even more when they get back in stock! When they do come back in stock you will receive a brand new one, maybe even more beautiful than the one from JL??

Btw If you ever get bored with the oak.. you can always send her my way:graucho: If only LOL

Hi Tiree

Id say wait............I really think it is no coincidence that after a concentrated period of Media hype (no doubt 90% instigated by Mulberry Press Office) that stock was limited deliberately to ensure the Alexa was OOS and therefore appeared unattainable.

Ive no doubt that Mulberry have plenty of all Alexas in stock - I really think its the opposite of poor stock control............they know exactly what they are doing.

You have time to enjoy your Oak & Ink Alexa lovelies until you can use your discount in Mulberry.

(Just think what you could spend the difference on - a matching Oak Leopard Long Lock Purse)

Hi Tiree

Id say wait............I really think it is no coincidence that after a concentrated period of Media hype (no doubt 90% instigated by Mulberry Press Office) that stock was limited deliberately to ensure the Alexa was OOS and therefore appeared unattainable.

Ive no doubt that Mulberry have plenty of all Alexas in stock - I really think its the opposite of poor stock control............they know exactly what they are doing.

You have time to enjoy your Oak & Ink Alexa lovelies until you can use your discount in Mulberry.

(Just think what you could spend the difference on - a matching Oak Leopard Long Lock Purse)

It's amazing how many bags on their website are sold out after only two of them go in the basket. Nothing like that sold out message to whet the appetite.

Tiree I just assumed HOF Glasgow didn't take the SH card. However the staff are often interchangeable so maybe they do? Worth a ring in the morning?

Vernons brother at Bond St this week said that Alexas may not be in for months!!!!

But then Brompton rd had 3 reg oaks in the very next day....

Dunno if VB was talking about a specific colour or in general....its all very bizarre indeed and is certainly no way to run a business.

Just keep ringing all the Mulberry stores and you will get lucky eventually.