Okay you all have me interested...

tanukiki

Stupid Lamb
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
Hi! Funny to see SO many of my former Coachies in here. I came in to see what all of the fuss is about. These are nice-looking bags for a really nice price!!! So assuming I think about straying from Coach (and that is a HUGE deal for me because all I own is Coach), what's your recommendation for a good first Tano for me (especially those who know me from the Coach board)? :flowers:

Hi! Funny to see SO many of my former Coachies in here. I came in to see what all of the fuss is about. These are nice-looking bags for a really nice price!!! So assuming I think about straying from Coach (and that is a HUGE deal for me because all I own is Coach), what's your recommendation for a good first Tano for me (especially those who know me from the Coach board)? :flowers:

Hey babe! I'm still a Coachie! Don't worry ;)... well, I forget what you all own from Coach; do you have a family photo of your Coach stuff?

Some helpful hints in Coach-ese about the new Tano colors:
pomegranate - similiar to the red chili color on the Carly
raspberry - like a coach magenta color, a tad deeper
truffle - deeper than the walnut gigi for sure
blueberry - sort of like the navy blue patent pleated ergo hobo but darker

grape, avocado and pineapple don't really have comparisons to Coach at least nothing in the past few Coach collections.

If I were you, I'd pick which colors you like best from Tano and then decide which bag you want in which color... at least that's how I do it! www.musthavebag.com, www.thatsourbag.com, and www.lunaboston.com are the three websites we most advocate here because they are trustworthy, have good return policies and you get a dust bag! Make sure to poke around because all the bags available this season are not out yet and the colors I posted about are only the crunch leather; velvet leather still has to be released! It's all very exciting! :yahoo:

Oh I should also say this: the minilisa is about THE HOTTEST bag for Tano this season because it is a re-issue from 4 seasons ago and there's no guarantee how long it will stay around. The Boogie Bucket and the Sexbomb are two perennial favorites as well and I'd say the French Nanny comes in a close third! French Nanny is very similar to a Coach Carly but more lightweight, a lot less expensive and more fun colors!

'Kiki!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see you here!!!

I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that all of the things I always wished for from Coach comes alive with Tano only better. I know that sounds like it has to be an exaggeration but the COLORS and the STYLES and the PRICE POINT are all so wonderful!

Check out the threads on the new fall items we have and hit the websites linked by TK and in our shopping stickie!

If you do decide to 'stray' I highly suggest straying here :lol: There are some gorgeous new F'08 bags.... check out the Minilisa and Flashbulb Flurry! There's several hot bags for fall that Tano will be shipping next month.... Self Service, Carte Blanche, Showgirl....:yahoo:

The leathers are amazing, the quality is high, the price is low..... swoon... And let us know what you decide!!!!!

Hi Kiki,

Nice to see you! I'm a Tano newbie, too, but I just got my first bag--a minilisa in truffle-and I'm hooked! I agree with Liz about the minilisa--it is such a great bag and there's no telling how long it will be around. It's not too large but it sure holds a lot!

My favorite colors are truffle, grape, blueberry and raspberry.

Tygerkitty's explanation is excellent--just check out a few of the websites and see what appeals to you. Have fun!

Great explanation Tyger! Welcome Tanukiki. Just to warn you, we look tame but we are a rowdy bunch at heart! If you want to be enabled, come into Tano-land!
As far as recs go it is important to know: Do you like contrasting trim on your bags or are you a monochrome kind of gal?

You shouldn't feel bad! I felt guilty when I first started straying from LAMB but now I just think of myself as an Angelina Jolie. My babies come from different designers and have a versatile background and they are each special in their own way. And I have multiple bags from each designer so that no one feels isolated. :P