okay this is super random..

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. i accidently spilled soysauce (soooo asian huh? i was eating sushi!) on my new lappy.. :cry::cry: and now my 'a' key is feeling kind of sticky and now its not as easy to push as my other letters. :sad:

does anyone know anything i could do? i already went through and tried to wipe it up with a tissue but i'm thinking some got way under the A, dried, and left it all sticky. sigh. :sad:

any suggestions??!

2. i know that at least on my laptop the keys snap right off......first discovered that when i dropped something heavy on my new laptop and a few keys went flying.....almost cried til i realized they snap right back on.....
    if ur hesitant to do that, try a tiny wet piece of cloth and a piece of wire to reach under the key.....

3. yeah.. i agree with jc...
    i doubt that it's going to be impossible to clean..
    i'm sure the laptop manufacturer consider that possibility..
    ps: my sister spent 200 bucks replacing her keys.. and that was in Indonesia..

4. wow! that's alot for just key replacements!

thanks girls :smile: i'm sure i can fix it but i was hoping i could do something quick (tonight) because i have a paper to write and it's a workout just pressing that A so i'm avoiding any words with 'a's in them at all cost. hahaha. but i suppose i can't do that in my essay ! :lol:

5. Do you have a spare keyboard around? You could attach it to your laptop in the meantime--so you can get going on the paper...

I've used a paperclip with a wet wipe wrapped around it--I held on to the wetwipe really carefully to go "under" my key. I wouldn't try popping out the key since not all laptop keys just pop out.

Good Luck!

6. ekekek! i spilt a can a coke on my friends laptop when i got back from my trip... i screamed so much that i almost cried because i had no money what so ever to buy her a new one! thankfully everything is ok and fully working!

good luck, heartfelt! :smile:

7. i spilled diet coke on my last year, and it kept on truckin'.

i'd say put a tiny bit of damp cotton ball on the end of a tooth pick and try to get some of it unsticky.

ha, this is really kinda gross, but i was clipping my fingernails at my desk last year and i chunk of fingernail fell and got wedged under my spacebar and it took me like 3 days to get it out with tweezers and a safety pin. i'm such a spaz.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice