Okay, experts! How tall must one be to look decent in...

I got a pair of Bermudas this weekend and love them! I always thought of them as a bit frumpy, but now I'm converted. I'm only 5'2". I think the key is to get a pair that are slim fitting and not too baggy. Lenthwise they should be similar to a skirt hitting just above the knee. They look great with a sandle with a heel or a wedge.

I think it depends on your shape and what you pair them with.

They are the only shorts I'll wear. I'm 5'4" with thin legs (and tiny claves/ankles) and they look great on me. Since I'm top heavy, I wear them to the bottom of my knees. But I think they look better hemmed to the top of the knee for most shorter women.

I like to pair them with sandles, platforms, or wedges.

As others have wisely put it, I don't believe it depends as much on your height as it does on your body type. For instance, if you're short but have a thinner lower body I'm sure you can pull it off. I've seen plenty of girls with such characteristics looking fab in bermudas and flats.

As opposed to me, I'm short and have big hips/thighs. I think they accentuate the fact even more so and I look HUGE.

okay this is what i did with bermadus. i bought a total of three pairs, one hits about 2 inches above the knee, another hits right about the knee area, and another pair which goes pass the knee by roughly 2-3 inches. btw i am 5'6 with average legs even though i think i have fat knees but still tolerable. i think i look the best with the shorter ones, the ones that hit just about the knee or even a little above. also the fabric and cut of the shorts would matter too. bottom line is, find the pair that make your legs look the best, and there's a pair for everyone!