Ok, you ladies have got to tell me - Re: Jobs

I'm a student - so I'm definitely not rich. I work part-time.

I don't own a car, and I rent my apartment so I don't have any debt.

I am enjoying the little money I have, as I know in future when I will have to save $$$ for a house that I won't be able to treat myself as much as I do now.

I am in Human Resources and DH is an engineer. We have financial conferences once a quarter and re-adjust if we notice we are dipping into our savings or not putting enough into our 401Ks.

Other than that, we both have "fun" money accounts and as long as family birthdays and Christmas presents are covered, no one questions if I spend my money on shoes or bags or clothes.

That said, I only have a few pairs of CLs in my designer shoe collection. I love Loubies, but I have a tendency to buy what I like and sometimes I buy Manolos, Jimmy Choos, Diors, Zanotti's, etc...whatever catches my eye and I think is beautiful.

i have splurged a little from my savings but i also find some great deals on ebay and don't often pay retail for my shoes unless it is something i love and absolutely have to have. i also just got a new job so paying for new pairs now won't be as difficult. i'm a project admin for an aerospace company.

Get a top-tier MBA, then bust your keister at your post-MBA jobs. That worked for me to be able to buy a couple pairs of new Loubies a year and a few pairs of ebay Loubies a year, along with various purchases of other brands and various handbag purchases without having to scrimp on food, travel or anything else! :P

I'm a Dog Trainer.... definitely not a money making career :smile:

but if I sell alot of class one pay period and make tons of commissions, I'll treat myself to a pair of shoes, or my DBF buys me shoes :smile:

I am moving soon, back up to Boston, where I will still be a dog trainer, but making a considerable amount more... sooo hopefully more shoes for me :smile:

I am a Community College Professor and DH works in horticulture/retail--we have two very small children and are by NO MEANS well off. We just budget and shop for deals, deals, deals.

I'm a full time uni student, straight out of high school, but I had a part time job before starting uni and my parents support me very well so all my savings from working and what I've been able to put away from my 'allowance' go towards CLs. Only a few select pairs have been retail, others on sale. Usually I buy them when I'm overseas on holidays. I don't spend my money on much else. Just the occasional designer piece I love.

I am a Community College Professor and DH works in horticulture/retail--we have two very small children and are by NO MEANS well off. We just budget and shop for deals, deals, deals.

Wtheck?!:nuts: Where can we find more Professors like you?! You would definitely be my favorite:P

I love this thread!

Ok about me... I'm a full time college student so I don't really have a stable job. I find ways to make a few chump change here and there. I work 8 hours a week at my DBF's parent's company. I also work at arts and craft shows/street fairs with my DBF which helps the most.

Last edited:
So interesting. I often wondered this myself.

I am a full time grad student and bartender. I shop sales and check ebay for good deals. I recently paid off my car so I have extra money each month for my shoe/vacation fund!