Ok what the heck did I do wrong to BG Work?

tanj

I ⥠$Green$!
O.G.
Feb 12, 2007
Ok I got two 05' Works that were so abused....one in white and one bubblegum. The white handles are a bit dirty and when I started on them they kinda turned a beige so I left it alone.Btw I tried cleaning them with the apple cleaner.Also the edges are kinda rubbed off so pieces of leather is missing.Then on my BG I used some of my apple cleaner and i did the circular motion a couple of times and I left it alone.It has what looks like a coffee stain.when it dried this was the end result.(see pic)

What are the pros and cons of dying?Someone told me not to dye my BG 05 Day so I was wondering about all the dye stuff.Will the dye cover the edges of the white bag if i redyed it?

I don't plan on getting rid of the BG so do you all think I should maybe buy a rose or something close to the BG?

Sorry the pic is sideways!

Attachments

• stain.jpg
    stain.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 146
I would never dye them myself:nogood:

I saw this pair of works on the ebay and was about to bid for the bubble gum one to make it restore by LMB, but finally I didn´t. Well, if I´m not wrong you got both, pink and white one right?. Ok, just think that if you can afford it just send them to restore (at least one of them, the one you love the most and sell the other...) then you´ll get two beautiful oldie jewels for sure. Think in your two purchases just like and inversion!.:yes:

This is my opnion:

i DO NOT recommend dying. I've learned it the hard way. $1195 down the drain.

Try this product. I have tried cleaning my H and Bbags with it. And it came out well. Nothing as "bad"(stain) as urs but its worth a try.
attachment.php

Blackrock Leather n Rich is the product.

Ref: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...-bag-nightmares-leather-care-info-295160.html

I definitely wouldn´t touch these bags at all, what they really need (specially the pink one..) is a color restauration... Cleaning them is a good option of course, but we won´t be able to solve the main problem ourselves "the fading" right?, which it could only be done by an expert.. the most you ruin the bag the most you´ll be paying for the restauration...I can tell this by my own experience...:graucho:

Thanks girls....

aalinne_72 & livy1888 yeah I got both of them.The white is just so dirty its beige looking and the pink is still pretty its just got the stain right on the front.It looks like a coffee stain.I wrote Barbara over at lovinmybags and she was like what did you do?Lol it was so funny.I told her I used the apple cleaner and she was saying that that stuff is too harsh and its meant for cars and cars only in her opinion.She told me to order some luxury cleaner and try that and if that doesn't work she can repair the spot.She said that can be anywhere from $65 on up.So I may just send that one in and just clean the white one good and get some "Handles Only" and clean the white handles.I have a new muse and the white can serve as a back up to it since I have a small baby around now.

chpwhy omg thats horrible.I'm sorry to hear that.You all are the first to tell me not to dye my bags.So i'm gonna definitely listen.I'll definitely have to order this product and try it out.

I'll up keep you all updated on what happens.

Thanks for the input.

I wouldn't dye it either. I dyed two bags. Not balenciaga, did a test run on some less expensive bags and wasn't too thrilled with the results. (I used Tarrago and dyed exact to the directions.) I've read that some gals have had great success with sending their bags off to LMB. Good luck!

Well done!:nuts: You´re just doing the best thing believe me, that 05 bubble gum work deserves a new chance, congrats and please keep us updated I would love to see how precious she looks after the repairing...:love: