OK: what happened? My feedback dropped from 100% to 98.7% with NO NEGATIVES!!!!

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
OK, I am a little peeved.
I was just looking at "my eBay" and I noticed my feedback dropped from 100% positive to 98.7% positive, and I frantically looked at my feedback and still saw no negatives. Yes, I repeat, I have NO NEGATIVES!!!! In June 2007 I had one buyer who left a neutral because she claimed she did not receive the size stated in the auction, yet it CLEARLY stated the size twice in the auction and on the tag of the item! So now with the new eBay policy, my feedback rating just dropped for 1 neutral in 396 feedbacks since 2004!!!!! No negatives at all!!!
WTH?? When did this change???
So now, all of the sudden we are getting feedback rating drops because of some crazy buyer who does NOT read an auction clearly? She didn't even leave a negative, just a neutral!
What is happening? Does eBay think this is a good idea to trash the sellers????
You would think they would try to make the seller's happier so they can still get a nice piece of the pie, but punishing sellers for rediculous feedback (whether it is neutral or negative) is simply pushing the sellers away. I also have a big problem with the new "grading system" where the buyer can say whether the communication, item description, shipping fees, etc is fair. If I was a buyer, of course I would prefer my shipping to be free or at least cheaper, so what, I say the seller sucks??? I think this is all a crock of crap!!!
Shame on eBay!
:tdown:

It just took effect today, neutrals count for the same as a negative. These are the new feedback changes everyone has been ranting about (not to mention that sellers can't leave neg or neutral fb for buyers now). :nogood:

The feedback score is for 12 months, if the neutral was placed in June 2007, it will drop off next month and your score will go back to 100%. It is very unfair for ebay to count neutrals as full negatives.

It does suck. My friend had 2 neutrals in 5 years, one from a seller who never shipped her item to her, and the other from a buyer who complained about shipping (even though my friend covered the cost of the shipping since she charged too little). Her score dropped from 100% to 87%!

^ Yes, ironically, until the retaliatory negs from sellers drop off the radar in, anything up to, 12 months; most wronged buyers will actually have worse fb percentages than most scamming sellers! :lol: :rolleyes: :Push:

As I said on another thread, either sellers negs are considered invalid (as there are too many retaliatory ones), or they're not and if they are, why are they still counting negs from sellers in the last 12 months? :shrugs:

Crazy. :wacko:

Last edited:
Seriously its wrong for past history to be changed by new rules. Now a neutral is a negative! Now my feedback percentage has gone down because of one OLD neutral. The buyer who left me the neutral(because she's too dumb to know what size jeans she wears) doesn't have her feedback percentage affected. She only has one feedback period and its from me shouldn't she now be a negative number.
I'm just going to wait out getting into the marketplace and stop selling my stuff on ebay since its going to be a free for all for buyers now.

Oh, OK, and now I try to leave feedback for a buyer and a warning pops up that you can not leave neutral or negative feedback for a buyer.
This particular buyer was great so that's not the issue, but what if she was someone who refused to pay or caused a big stink/problems about something???
No neutral????

....I don't understand ANY of this. It is like eBay is punishing the sellers. Don't they realize there are scammer buyers out there also and as a seller we cannot leave appropriate feedback to warn others????

Sorry to hear that about the neutrals. It is wrong on so many levels?! :cursing:

Luckily I am still at 100% positive.. but I did notice that my feedback jumped from 267 to 283 in one day?!
Where did these extra feedbacks come from?? Anyone know?

Sorry to hear that about the neutrals. It is wrong on so many levels?! :cursing:

Luckily I am still at 100% positive.. but I did notice that my feedback jumped from 267 to 283 in one day?!
Where did these extra feedbacks come from?? Anyone know?

I think they are from buyers or sellers with multiple transactions. They used to count as "one" feedback even if they bought many items from you. Now they are all counting.

Mine jumped from 1425 to 1464 yesterday! Still at 100% -- the only neutrals I have are one accident (says great things) back in about 1999 and one from the same time.

Thanks Wildflower.. that makes sense.
I guess the 100% members are going to be a dying breed with this horrible new policy.
I am sorely tempted to stop selling in order to keep mine! :cursing:

i am so pissed about this. i have over 2000 feedbacks and NO negatives... i've always maintained a 100% feedback rating. now because of this dumb neutral rule, it's gone down. the 1 neutral i had would be dropping off next month, but then, just for fun a crazy buyer has decided to leave me a neutral feedback that is totally unreasonable and out of my control. and now, no use of squaretrade or mutual withdrawl can get a feedback removed. i am fuming. i actually just called ebay and gave them an earful. i'm sure they are getting it from all directions.