OK, TPFers, Since It Seems To Be Everywhere Else (Holiday song mess)

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. There seems to be a thing going around about a song played during the holidays called 'Baby It's Cold Outside'. If you haven't heard about it, do a quick search to get caught up before posting.

I'll reserve comment until some others chime in.

2. It's an old song from a different time. Now it's being dragged into the me too movement I guess. Much ado about nothing IMO.

Traminer and remainsilly like this.
  3. Ah.
    Seems the bored hysteria crowd has attached a sexual assault slant to this old song.
    And now wants to ban everyone from singing it.

Dear God in heaven.:rolleyes:
    The song originally was sung by husband/wife duo, as flirty banter.
    Guess flirty banter offends drama maniacs now.
    Same as real butter on food & teaching children to behave.
    :coolio: Whatever.
    Merry Christmas.

Jochae, westcoastgal and sdkitty like this.
  4. I categorize it as just more of the same outrage p*rn hysteria that takes hold of just about anything, if you let it. People just need to chill out.

5. It’s madness, I have no patience for people who put forward this kind of nonsense. What next? Burning books?

6. I'll condemn "Baby it's Cold Outside" when I hear of even the slightest annoyance about rap "songs" that rap about killin' b*tches and hoes. Then I'll give a damn. Oh wait, I won't.

Madonna, Miley Cyrus and many other women "artists" have put out the raunchiest explicit photos of THEMSELVES bending over and having simulated sex like whores all over the place. And then they act like "oh gosh, golly, how terrible that women are portrayed as bla bla bla"?

And then it's songs like "Baby it's Cold Outside" that get called into question? Is this an effing joke?

Kylacove likes this.
  7. It's certainly not the only song of the kind from that era either.

8. But rap music which degrades women and calling people names Is OK and celebrated by these same people.

9. There’s nothing that wrong with ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’. Sigh.
    Anyone who doesn’t care for it certainly shouldn’t sing it or play it at their house, but it’s not so wildly offensive that no one else should be allowed to play it either.
    Has anyone here EVER seen a kid asking his mom in the grocery store, ‘Mommy, why is she asking what he gave her to drink?’ I seriously doubt it. I certainly never have. It’s not like you’re shopping with your eight-year old and Target is spinning Slim Shady.

Honestly, the people who started this have seriously blessed lives that they have enough free time, free from actual sexual assault and social injustice, to pick at Christmas songs.

We could all stand to retrain our modern dirty minds a bit, maybe. Yesterday I heard the song ‘My Heart Belongs To Daddy’ while Alexa was playing Eartha Kitt for me.
    Go YouTube that song right now and listen to it with your mind in the gutter and TELL me that’s not an extremely weird song.
    Okay, now stop purposely thinking like a dirty old man and acknowledge that it’s not meant ‘that way’. ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ is NOT meant ‘that way’. It’s VERY far down on the list of things to be fixing as far as gender inequality and all goes.

10. The following are cut and pasted rap lyrics. This is "ART", so you are not allowed to be offended. But apparently society must be re-educated and indoctrinated to be offended at "Baby it's Cold Outside", because those lyrics are supposedly just smut and degrading to women. Yet the following songs are not called into question by those offended by BiCO. My guess these songs and other very similar songs are on millions of teenagers playlists. With their parents' blessing. Let's all pray that teenagers cannot access BiCO. Buy them more video games that blow people's heads off for points while you're at it. It's songs like BiCO that make it a dangerous world out there. Enjoy the following lyrics, get that warm and fuzzy feeling and make yourself a hot cup of cocoa.

“Put molly all in her champagne/She ain’t even know it/ I took her home and I enjoyed that/She ain’t even know it” – Rick Ross, “U.O.E.N.O”

“You see, me and my homies like to play this game / We call it Amtrak but some call it the train / We all would line up in a single-file line / And take our turns at waxing girls’ behinds…”

“First off, f*ck your b*tch and the clique you claim / Westside when we ride, come equipped with game / You claim to be a player, but I f*cked your wife / We bust on Bad Boys, niggas f*cked for life / Plus Puffy trying to see me, weak hearts I rip / Biggie Smalls and Junior M.A.F.I.A. some mark-ass b*tches…”

11. Is it about this?

12. #12 Dec 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2018
    It's the X concerted attack on traditions. Rudolph the red nose reindeer is now offensive for heavens sake, even though the story is actually pretty positive about acceptance of differences. The goal is to totally demonize the past so they can convince the younger generation to embrace BS ideas of how society should work.

13. I have m now listened to that song - and I like it! :smile: