Ok to sell?

MCAddict

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
Well let me start off by saying this has nothing to do with bags. Well, I recently found out that I started an ebay account back in 2004 that I had completly forgotten about. I would like to get the feedback on that one up a bit, as sellers don't like to sell to low feedback buyers usually. Anyway, my question is, is it ok to sell like a bunch of cheap reciepes, or something of the sort? I thought it was, but I remember reading about another member here that had her account suspended for doing so. Thanks in Advance!:smile:

eBay no longer allows sales of digital items (basically items that you don't physically receive, and can be sent via e-mail/download). They stopped doing this because there were sellers who felt exactly what you felt. That they could establish good FB by selling small, almost no priced items just for positive FB.

I wouldn't risk it unless it's something that maybe you could print and have laminated on regular recipe cards and ship. I know this seems ridiculous, but that's their rule now.

Or, do what most people do when they first start out selling—they buy first to establish FB that way and go from there.

Like you said, you have to start somewhere.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. There are so many sellers that are still selling that kind of stuff though, so I thought maybe it was ok. Oh well, I will just keep buying cheap items to build it up. In three days I am already up to a feedback rating of 13, at this rate it shouldn't take long.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. There are so many sellers that are still selling that kind of stuff though, so I thought maybe it was ok. Oh well, I will just keep buying cheap items to build it up. In three days I am already up to a feedback rating of 13, at this rate it shouldn't take long.

Oh, you know what, if your rating is 13 then go ahead and start selling. I thought it was like 0 FB.

My other ID only has a FB rating of 24, 100%, and it's only been registered since May 2007. I have been selling and have had success from that particular ID. I recently sold a $600 laptop, a Coach handbag, and other higher end items and I haven't had any problems, thus far. As far as I could tell, people have not stayed away from my listings because of it.

You have an advantage that you have been a member since 2004. Most buyers are more weary of members who have just registered and have a zero-10 FB rating. I think since you have been a member for 4+ years, you'll be fine.

Give it a shot. You never know.

^^ Thanks, I may just have to try. I have another ID that I am using for selling now, I will save that one for just selling my bags, and use my *new* one for everything else. I know what you mean, I am always a bit weary of buying from newly registered sellers, but I have had nothing go wrong as of yet(knocks on wood).

^^ Thanks, I may just have to try. I have another ID that I am using for selling now, I will save that one for just selling my bags, and use my *new* one for everything else. I know what you mean, I am always a bit weary of buying from newly registered sellers, but I have had nothing go wrong as of yet(knocks on wood).

That's exactly why I created my newer ID last year, I wanted to use my older ID that I've had since 2001 for strictly selling my art. So I created the other one for both buying and selling anything else.

Good luck! :tup: