Ok, time to 'fess up... I used to be a ______ addict!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishfood

Still Abby Fabby!!
O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
Now a lot of us have been loving and buying Hermes forever, but others (me included) haven't been.

Althhough I wanted a Kelly forever, I found TPF last year when I was in a big Chloe bag phase. I had issues with that brand, lots of issues, so in my dissatisfaction I wandered over to Hermes, rediscovered my love for H, and the rest is history.

Where did you start? Did you get an H bag (or already have a collection and wanted to know more) and google it to find TPF, or did you wander over from Chanel, Balenciaga, or LV? It seems like TPF works like a gateway drug from one brand to another.

Share your story! :tup:

I have bought my first Hermes purchase when I was quite young (a GP) and occasionally I will go into the store and purchase a scarf or belts. Nothing too major and nothing too crazy. But because the H store is literally one mile from where I live now, I can't help but to walk in there more often now and started talking to the SA more about their products. I saw the leather book and began to have really appreciated the craftsmanship on their products. So slowly I moved from my BV thread to here (I still love my BV). I really wanted a Birkin and thought I might be too young to own one until this forum has really gotten me to think otherwise. So here I am today with 2 major purchases in a month: A Birkin and a Lindy ( still nicely packed in the box) and hopefully more in the future.

I had been curious and an occasional reader of the H section, but I only started spending real time here when the Balenciaga forum was shut down for reorganization. And as much as I love my Balenciagas, I haven't really been back over there :shrugs: Now I'm a serious addict :whistle: and I'm counting the seconds until I find my first H bag...

My first H bag was a Constance given to me at graduation from a family member. To this day, I still think of myself as a Constance H girl. I have had a number of special purpose bags (tennis bags, hiking bags, etc.) now and then, but I am primarily an H girl.

Now that I am older with a dd, I begin to look for larger bags. My search for a first birkin this year led me to this wonderful forum. I met a number of tPF friends along the way including many vintage h lovers. :tpfrox:

I had always purchased Chanel, but had planned to purchase an Hermes Birkin one day. I would wander over to the H forum and "lurk" around. Then I became more and more mesmerized by Hermes---
and the rest is history! :smile:

kinda went thru an all other designer phase. I got into shoes...then got a balenciaga bag...then just started getting all the big time bags..fendi spy, ysl muse, etc.

my friend kept telling me to stop buying all those others and get a birkin.

finally i got the courage to go into the store.....and shortly after got my first 35cm raisin birkin....and sold my other bags.

^ same, like Angelfish, i had problems with LV and in frustration i needed something new. Because it was quality issues i decided i needed the BEST quality so i am not disappointed again. Naturally i turned to H, after visiting the store and having the best SA in the world, i haven't looked back. (my bank account has though lol, that wishes i never step foot in H!)

I still buy, and occasionally take other bags. Right now, in fact, my things are in a Chanel Cabas. And I just ordered a Valentino hobo that has the big bow on it. Sometimes, Hermes bags just get too heavy. (I have a LARGE bottega that I haven't used...am debating whether to return.) I just NEED a shoulder bag...sometimes...one that doesn't weight a ton...or look like a doggie carrier on me.

I still buy, and occasionally take other bags. Right now, in fact, my things are in a Chanel Cabas. And I just ordered a Valentino hobo that has the big bow on it. Sometimes, Hermes bags just get too heavy. (I have a LARGE bottega that I haven't used...am debating whether to return.) I just NEED a shoulder bag...sometimes...one that doesn't weight a ton...or look like a doggie carrier on me.

Please dont return your large veneta, BV makes very high quality bag :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.