Ok stupid question...

MsCandice

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
I should know better, and really I do, BUT I bought a pair of Tory Burch boots from Neiman Marcus Last call for $400. Thing is they only had a 9.5 which felt fine in the store. I came home and tried them on and they seem a little snug, maybe they will stretch?? I think a 10 or 10.5 would fit better. Generally I buy size 10s to 10.5s depending on the brand. I searched and googled, and searched and googled and other than ebay which has sizes waaaay too small the only pair of the same boots I can find online are at bloomingdales for slightly less in a size 11. Am I stupid for thinking about getting the 11 or making the 9,5 work. Help lol, I am so close up and can't see the forest for the trees. I really love these boots and can't get them out of my mind.

Last edited:
If you think you only need 1/2 a size up I would see if a cobbler can stretch them out for you, or you can wear them with thick socks for awhile and see if that works (wear thin socks too)? If they are a full size small then that may be a different story...

I agree with Swanky, in that is probably better that you size up for boots, because you can always put in in soles and wear socks.
I am a 35 in regular shoes, and a 35.5 in boots. I have a pair of Jimmy Choo boots in a 36.5, and they are super comfortable.
GL!

Thanks ladies for your help. I think I'll go ahead and get the 11. With thick socks it really shouldn't be more than a half size too big. One way or another I'm going to make one of them work.lol

i would get the larger size (or wait for your size to pop up). if you get them stretched, there's no guarantee they'll fit right, and at that point, you won't be able to return them.

going 1 size up is fine, when you get bigger than that though, it might actually be painful because you're feet will be rubbing the shoes weirdly and you'll get blisters (this has happened with boots that are too big to me before...)

of course, if that's the case, you can always wear 2 socks (I've also done that before)

I have a pair of boots I bought in a half size bigger, and they fit great with insoles, but I think they make my feet look too long????
Maybe it is just the style, though :P

OMG ladies, I just called about 7 different Bloomingdales stores, and although they only have a size 11 available online, I managed to find the size 10 in one of the stores. So happy lol.