Ok people, let's everyone snap out of it and ADMIT that the Miroir is the ugliest r/o

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't mind the Mirrors but i do feel its a bit too much for 98% vinyl bags... what i can't stand are ****-stirrers who's only been here less than a month.... the strange thing is that the original poster was interested in them just 3 days ago:

http://forum.purseblog.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1268279

sour grapes?

Hahahaha. I was thinking that, too. Anyways, I really like this line and I have been following it since the runway show in May. Glad to hear not everyone likes it, more bags for the people who do-since they will be very hard to get a hold of. :smile:

Hey....I'm not trying to "stir ****" as you so nicely put that. I was voicing my opinion....is there a problem...

I actually was interested in the bag for like a split second but then I snapped out of it and thought..holy crap....1,500 for vinyl...shiny vinyl.....it dawned on me the wrongness of my ways :smile:

The Papillon is only $1,170. :confused1:

I was all excited about this bag when I heard rumor of it earlier this year. Then I saw pictures of Janet carrying that GINORMOUS gold Alma and thought :yucky: . I'm #1 on the waitlist for a few of these bags and I'm going to go have a peek, but based on the pics I've seen so far I think these bags will not have room in my collection.:Push:

I think they look like they belong in a 1960s sci-fi movie. (All those silver costumes) Wouldn't he look lovely with a silver speedy?

ageofsteel.jpg

My issue with them is that they are so "fashiony" and trendy. It's a lot of money for a bag that could very soon look dated. That's why I choose to invest the big bucks in a classic that will always be in style. Maybe that makes me more conservative, but it also means I don't have thousands of dollars to throw around on a bag that will spend most of its time in my closet.

I think this is one of those items that you just have to see in person and then decide whether you like it or not, but more importantly, whether it would WORK for you or not. Yes, to you it may look gawdy, but it's a limited edition line. Just like the Cherry blossom, graffiti, panda, etc. it wasn't meant to fit in nicely with everything in your wardrobe and match everyday, since it's not a "neutral" like mono canvas or damier. Being limited, it wasn't even designed for the average woman, persay. If you look at the runway pics they had a specific vision they were going for with this line, especially revealing it around the holidays.
It will take somebody who understands how exactly to wear this bag, what to pair it with, to not come off as "hooker-ish" as you said. The ones I can think of off the top of my head for example, Michelle... haha okay maybe thats it for now, but I could definitely work this style too and make it look good! :graucho:
I'm not trying to stir up anymore drama or anything, but just wanted people to recognize that this wasn't meant to be a line that could be carried by just anyone so therefore not everyone would like it, naturally. But with that said I can't wait to see modeling pics from PF members who get this bag and know how to work it good! Different strokes for different folks... I agree.

Miroir bags are not my style. Reminds me of aluminum foil. Perhaps they are nicer in person??
i agree... not my style either, but i don't think it looks like a bag for a two dollar ho, either... just too metallic, for me. my sister loves this line, though! to each his own, i say!

Status
Not open for further replies.