OK OK I want the metallic brown ressiue............

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Here is my problem. I dont wear warm tones ... ever! I wear black and white, some blue . Pop a pink and a red in and there you go. I love the metallic bronze, brown, will it look good with black? Yes right... lol. Or should I get my original love the dark Grey, silver. help. :nuts:

I would get the grey for sure. The metallic brown is nice, but if it just doesn't fit into your wardrobe it won't get used. The grey is so much better anyways;)

I'm in the same boat. I like the metallic brown, but I would never wear it seeing as I usually wear black and white w/ some pops of color here and there. I never even wear my beige flap for this same reason.
I would go w/ dark grey silver!

I think the brown metallic (that's the marron fonce, right?) is tdf!! The grey is also gorgeous though. I wear a lot of black too, but I wear brown bags with my outfits and they go together pretty well. I think either dark browns or caramels go best with black, other shades can look a little iffy imo, but the marron fonce should also go well with black.

Maybe go to a store if you can (wearing an outfit you wear a lot) and try both of the bags on to see which one goes better with your warddrobe.

Ahh, what a dilemma D! Based on your wardrobe, I would go for the dark silver!! I actually ended up returning mine because it really didn't go with my wardrobe (I wear a lot of bright colors and love warmer colors)... go figure haha. :P I want the metallic bronze too, ahh, but in my case, I think it compliments what I wear nicely. :smile: If you were to buy it and just admire it, it would be a waste, right? ;) I think the DS would look amazing on you... go for that girl! :smile:

I have been curious about this bag too. I wish that someone could show it next to the dark silver reissue so I could see the color difference.

It really seems like a beautiful bag. Good luck on what you decide.

I wear pretty much the same color palette as you and you NEED to have the Metallic Brown Reissue! haha..I got it and it is just TDF. IMO, one of the best metallics, even colors EVER put out by Chanel. Seriously. It is that nice! haha...Ooh, I'm a little biased hehe

D are you talking about the metallic brown w/silver hw which is really metallic bronze, or the metallic dark brown with gold hw? If you're talking about the metallic brown/bronze, the bag is freakin gorgeous. Chanel got the name wrong again and it should be called metallic bronze or dark rose gold. My sister got it and it looks great with EVERYTHING, especially against black. Think khaki cabas with an added kick of bronze and copper, only WAY prettier.

I know what you are going through......bought and sold 3 chanel brown bags....my wardrobe sticks to black/white/red.....and now....Dk Silver., but I am always tempted by brown.....don't know why....and that metallic brown is so gorgeous........D., I would say.....go for it..........:heart:H

I saw the metallic bronze and the dark silver side by side and my eyes were immediately drawn to the metallic bronze. It's such a complex and beautiful color and it's very neutral. The color is 100X prettier IRL than the pics.

I saw it today and was immediately drawn to it. I have the Dk Silver from S/S and the Dk Pink from Fall and I think I have too many metallic flaps. But I hear you... They're both gorgeous!

I'm the same way with the browns. I saw the metallic brown and the brown caviar IRL. They are both incredibly gorgeous and I would love to have either one (actually both - LOL), but I have to keep repeating to myself. "You only wear black, you only wear black..."

yes Jenn the one with the silver hardwear!!!!!!!!!!!!1 want it!!! Is Chanel coming out with another brownish, copper reissue? Help lol.

No D, that's the one! :drool: It's not brown at all, it's a deep rich bronze color. If you're going to be bad, this bag is worth it. I'll take some modeling pics of her bag tomorrow. I'll email them to you. It has the dark ruthenium silver hw too. Gorgeous!! The metallic brown/bronze goes well with black, unlike the brown caviar. I wear the same colors as you. Black, white, plum, grey, red, and blue. I think I have maybe 2 brown tops and 1 beige top? I tried on her bag with my plums, lavendars, blacks, whites, and blues and the bag looked amazing with everything. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of my own. I might just borrow hers and never give it back. :roflmfao: