OK. Need Help.

ltucci

New Chanel Addict!
O.G.
Feb 25, 2006
Hello girls!

I need help on a which jumbo to buy keeping in mind that I just sold my black reissue camera bag with distressed gold hardware and that I may not be able to buy another chanel bag for a long while. Also, I have a 2 year son and a new baby boy on the way in May! Thus the bag may go through some wear and tear!

I am torn between purchasing the red 09C caviar jumbo or a black caviar jumbo with gold or silver hardware. If I buy the red jumbo, I would definitely pay full retail price. I have the opportunity to purchase the black with silver hardware at a lower cost.

Love the red but I think I would get more use out of the black.

What would you do?!

btw I currently have a black WOC with silver hardware.

Last edited:
I will get the red because I can always get the black later. If you still think about the red sometime down the road, then it may be even higher than full retail price if ebay is the way to go.

Unless the deal you're getting on the black is amazing (I mean at least 50% off the retail price & in mint condition), I'd get the red 1st. Sure, you pay retail for it now but if you were to wait for it later, the price will be much higher. You can buy the black later on as it's pretty easy to find & you can always get a deal on it through e*Bay.

I just read a thread that said the fall maxi's will be made with more structure and will have the 09C red.... should I wait for the maxi ??? Might be better in terms of what I can hold!

Thats a good idea :smile:. You get the color you like and also the size for stuff. The black reissue camera bag is the bag in your avatar? Nice! I just realized you sold the bag, is that too small to hold your stuff when baby comes? I was thinking between that and the large myself.

Thats a good idea :smile:. You get the color you like and also the size for stuff. The black reissue camera bag is the bag in your avatar? Nice! I just realized you sold the bag, is that too small to hold your stuff when baby comes? I was thinking between that and the large myself.

Yup! Sold it. I found it hard to get in and when straps are doubled. Perhaps the large is better. I am sure the large can hold a lot more!

I think when u have kids it's nice to have something that u can wear messanger style . U cannot do that with gst. I vote for the black caviar jumbo. U will love it. It's beutiful and practical andxwill last u for as long as u need.