OK, my first CL's are here, but going back. Nude Declics *pics*

KathyD

O.G.
Mar 25, 2006
I have been waiting on pins & needles for these shoes. It has been an obsession to get my first pair. :lol: I wasn't sure about the size, but the 38.5 fits well. After reading comments about the nude leather on tPF, I was convinced that this color would probably be too difficult to keep, but they were already on their way. Then when the shoes arrived I was :nuts: at the heel height! I told the SA that I didn't want higher than 4". These are almost 5", making me almost 6'. lol. The box says that the shoes are 100mm. I thought that meant 4". Anyway, I have 3 more pair coming tomorrow. I am on a quest to get the right ones. If tomorrow is also a miss, I will be traveling (over 2 hours) :P to a boutique next week. I am posting pics in case some of you are interested in this shoe. It is gorgeous! And it looks similar to a pink ballet shoe. It has just a hint of pink. I have decided that I probably won't be able to do a platform, cause most of those are 5-5.5". The 3 on order are Decolette in black patent (was told they were 4"), Yoyo in nude patent (4"), & blk/red Architek. I knew those are almost 5", but the shoe is so gorgeous that I had to see it in person. They were ordered before I know the Declics were going to be so high. Anyway, I hope you like the pics. I have certainly enjoyed looking at everyone's. Could someone please tell a novice CL fanatic the approximate height of 70mm, 85mm, 100mm, etc.? That would help me alot. thanks :heart:

Attachments

• Declic5.jpg
    Declic5.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Declic1.jpg
    Declic1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 101
  • Declic3.jpg
    Declic3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Declic2.jpg
    Declic2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 215
Very pretty, but if they are too high, then get a pair you will wear. For each 25mm, that is an inch. Sometimes, depending on how the show is cut and the instep/arch etc. the heel can not be as steep. I don't really know how to explain it, but you can have two shoes with the same 85mm heel but one is shaped differently and can feel and seem like less. Any sense there?

Congrats, these declics are so beautiful. I know that at first the heel height can be overwhelming but I think that after a few wears you will find the 100mm declic to be quite comfortable. I think they are very comfy.

Thanks lulu & cj. I think that I understand a little. Do these look like 100mm to you? I was looking online & one dept. store had a pair of Declics that said 115mm. Do the Declics come in different heights?

Congrats, these declics are so beautiful. I know that at first the heel height can be overwhelming but I think that after a few wears you will find the 100mm declic to be quite comfortable. I think they are very comfy.
Thank you Kamilla. I didn't walk in them, cause I didn't want to scuff them on my floors, but they did seem comfortable. Maybe the thinner heel makes it look higher than it is. :upsidedown: I am going to see what the patent ones look like tomorrow. I think they will be easier to keep that these though.

Thanks lulu & cj. I think that I understand a little. Do these look like 100mm to you? I was looking online & one dept. store had a pair of Declics that said 115mm. Do the Declics come in different heights?

AFAIK the declics come in 100mm which looks like the version that you have and 120/130mm which NAP and the boutiques have. I think that there were only 2 versions of the declics so far but some retailers described them differently. For instance the boutiques called the higher version declic a 120mm heel whereas NAP described them as 130mm - they are the same shoe. I cannot recall how they are labeled on the box but I will check tonight.

They look like the 100s to me, but CL is notorious for fudging the heights. What they sell as 120s are sometimes actually 130s...
If you don't mind being tall, I say wear them around the house a little and see if you can get sued to the feeling. Many (but not all) CLs are about 100s.

Nice pics. They shoes are hot, but I wish they came in camel and not just nude. You might also want to look at the 85mm shoes (simple & yoyo).
:yes: Yes, the Yoyo's are coming tomorrow. I will also look at the Simples when I can. :graucho:

I think higher heel it is it looks sexier~~:graucho:
yeah it looks higher than 100mm :girlsigh:

Yes, it is definitely a sexy shoe. :kiss: Maybe the Decolettes won't seem as high. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Thanks to JetSet, Aira, ronsdiva, & danicky for your help & comments. :ty:

Wow these are beautiful! I have this in black and they're comfy...and I barely ever wear heels. So that's saying a lot! I used to wear heels once in a blue moon until I discovered CL. Now I want to wear heels all the time. But I was surprised at how high they were at first. Because the box says 100mm, but they are definitely closer to 115mm.

Mine are 4 inches from the floor to the inner part of the heel/sole, but it also has a hidden platform so the difference between the ball and the heel needs to be subtracted.

I dunno, I think they're pretty easy to walk in lol.