Ok...I'm going to get my butt kicked for this....Please Help me out Chanel Girls!!!

MissV

O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
Ok.......*putting myself up behind a protective force field*

I want a Black/Blue/Red Bijoux Jumbo REALLY BAD. I've been able to get my hand on a White one (Mint Condition), thinking of dyeing it Black....

its Caviar.... has anyone ever dyed their caviar bag another color?

LOL

*runs for the hills*

ACK! I have no knowledge on how it would come out, but if your gonna re-dye, why not try it on one in not mint condition? It would be a shame to ruin the white. I'll adopt her...LOL!

You're so funny! :P I'm pretty sure Chanel won't do it, because dyeing the bag another color would be like altering the original design. You could take it to some other place, but you risk a $hitload if it comes out badly... I don't know if it's worth it, to be honest. :sweatdrop: IMO, it's a lot of money to play around with, KWIM? Why not hold out until a black one pops up? :smile:

Personally, I wouldn't re-dye it when the shade difference is that drastic. Also, caviar isn't as porous as lambskin so I'm not sure how difficult/possible it would be for them to dye it. I'm sure they could dye it actually, but it's whether or not it would look natural and whether or not it would alter the condition of the leather. :nogood: Don't risk it.

I would be careful about redying an expensive item. I know the CL girls do dye some of their louboutins and the results are fantastic. I am not sure if caviar would dye well.
My concern is that once dyed, and the bag gets wet, will the dye run? Hold on for a colour you really want - it will def pop up!

Eek! I think I saw one on e*Bay that was dyed from white to red a few years back. It was professionally done at some specialty leather store. I guess it looked alright from a distance. But up close, the color/texture looked kind of dry...flaky...uneven...rough. It just looked weird. You could definitely tell that was altered. Why not use your white now? It's such a shame to buy it & not use it. You could always sell your white later on when a black one pops up.

^Agreed. Some leathers are better at accepting dye than others. Caviar is not very susceptible to dye IMO because it's not porous. Lambskin bags are easier to dye because they are able to absorb the dye much better. Either way, I've been told that when you redye bags the texture is never the same.

I had a bubble quilt lambskin bag (the leather is sooo soft) sent in to lovinmybags.com and they restored it, which including re-dyeing certain parts. The texture is still super soft, perhaps even softer than when I sent it in, but I was lucky because they told me the lambskin leather was extremely porous and very easy to dye.

I don't think I would have gotten the same results if I had sent in a caviar bag.

I'd hold out and not risk your white one. There was a BNWT blue jumbo with bijoux chain just recently on ebay. I had it authenticated here. The auction ended without it selling. I'd check it out...maybe contact the seller? (It's not me!) It was actually a pretty good price.

Hmm, I wld suggest you t wait out for a black rather than to ruin a white. Then again, it is your money and your call at the end of the day but you take the risk. btw, i like how you wrote your post, u are cute!

Hope u get your dream bag, dearie. :smile:

LOLdammmit!! LOLOL........well at least my computer hasn't received any virus email after this post.....!!

It's such a shame....I dont know if I could do white.....I can barely keep my black car seats clean........Time to do some serious thinking.....Thanks girls for giving the great advice!!

*sobs*

As long as you are going for a colour that's available I wouldn't risk it - rather sell the white one to get a black one :tup:

Or just enjoy the white one :biggrin: - should make a great summer bag and easy to take care of I guess ;)