Ok, here's my Ebay concern

I can really understand your doubts... Concerning such a high-price affair I think you can do it! And I also think, the Seller has to give you the money (you paid for faster shipping) back!

Ummmm.... ok, now, but since the Ebayer has not responded to my email from today either, would you start getting really anxious and take it a step up requesting personal info to contact them. I really really really want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I did pay for the super fast shipping and it has been 4 days since the echeck cleared w/ no communication.

Yes you should give them a ring, to be honest as a seller I always communicate on a transaction as I know how bad it is to sit and worry about something!
I have also had no contact from sellers in the past but the item has arrived as if nothing happened!
I think if you have no luck with contacting them by phone its probably time to issue a claim 'item not received'. How is the sellers feedback btw?

I don't blame you for being nervous - if I'd paid $125 to receive an item within 3 days and it had now been 4 - 5 days and no item, or response to emails, I'd be getting nervous, too.

I'd email the seller again (asking whether they received your previous emails) and then give it 2 - 3 more days (1 week in total) and if you haven't received the luggage by then, or at the very least, heard from the seller, I'd file a dispute (assuming you can file a Paypal dispute if you pay by echeck?).

Even if you do receive it/hear from the seller before the 7 days are up, you should definitely push for a partial refund of your shipping charge (I'm afraid I can't remember whether this can be done via a Paypal dispute?).

Good luck and please keep us posted about what happens! :tup:

I would send another email first. I sold on ebay for years and then in the last 5 years or so, have only purchased stuff once in awhile. What I have noticed is that seller/buyer communication has decreased significantly in the last year or so. It used to be unheard of to not get a shipping confirmation email. Now, often times I NEVER hear from the seller. Even if I email them. This rings true for big ticket items and less expensive goods.
I hope it works out for you and your luggage arrives safely.

they might have expected the echeque to take longer to clear , it might have cleared your end but not their end , echeques normally take up to 10 days to clear . at themoment i would give them the benefit of doubt .

I would e-mail the seller again. Maybe they were away over the weekend.

It sounds as if it will work out fine. I bet they are finding large boxes so they can ship the luggage. I would think wrapping and boxing all this would take time.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. There is another worry that all ebayers should know about. Recently there have been alot of rumors flying around that ebay employees are giving out user's personal info, like name , address, credit card number, you name it. I didn't believe this to be true until it's just happend to me. I guess I made the mistake of going to the boards to report an item. I got attacked by a mob of people thinking they know everything. This one user on ebay posted my personal info on the thread. Things she could have only known if someone at ebay had given them my info. I wrote an email to ebay saying that I would be contacting law enforcement because this person is stalking me. What reply do i get back??? Account suspension! I'm done with selling on ebay... but this issue isn't over. I plan on contacting law enforcement and my lawyer on this issue. I have googled the name of the user on ebay who is doing this, and this isn't the first time an ebay user has been stalked and their various accounts hacked and personal info spread all over the threads.

Please watch out.. there is no telling what info they are leaking and to whom!

I really don't think that ebay employees give out personal information. Ebay could face HUGE lawsuits for anything related to that.

Are you SURE that you didn't get PHISHED? Thats how 99.9% of personal information is acquired. You'll know if you were PHISHED if you entered your info on a site that you THOUGHT was ebay or paypal and than you get some login error and bounced back to the REAL site. If that happens to you - you better change all your info right away.

P.S. - once in awhile if I'm bored, I'll put in fake info on a PHISHING site. name: try again
address 6969 nowhere ave.
phone: 123-456-7890
email: [email protected]

use up their time a bit looking at fake records you know.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. There is another worry that all ebayers should know about. Recently there have been alot of rumors flying around that ebay employees are giving out user's personal info, like name , address, credit card number, you name it. I didn't believe this to be true until it's just happend to me. I guess I made the mistake of going to the boards to report an item. I got attacked by a mob of people thinking they know everything. This one user on ebay posted my personal info on the thread. Things she could have only known if someone at ebay had given them my info. I wrote an email to ebay saying that I would be contacting law enforcement because this person is stalking me. What reply do i get back??? Account suspension! I'm done with selling on ebay... but this issue isn't over. I plan on contacting law enforcement and my lawyer on this issue. I have googled the name of the user on ebay who is doing this, and this isn't the first time an ebay user has been stalked and their various accounts hacked and personal info spread all over the threads.

Please watch out.. there is no telling what info they are leaking and to whom!

Also, it may not have been ebay employees. If you have the smarts like most geeks on the 'net, you can find EVERYTHING out about a person from an IP address.

Even social security numbers.

So you may not want to just just to the assumtion that it was ebay.

Just a thought. :smile:

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this! I agree that it's possible the eCheck hasn't cleared fully on their end yet, but I still don't think that's any excuse for not communicating with you.

I would definitely try contacting the seller by phone because at this point it seems like she's just ignoring your emails.

No, when the buyer receives the email saying the echeck has cleared, then the money is in the seller's account at that point. I have been on both ends of the echeck thing. I asked payPal about that and the seller receives the same email saying "funds are cleared and avaliable." They still have never answered, so I am going to try the phone thing now.

I'd definitely call the seller too. I've been selling on ebay for a number of years now, and any time I sell a high-ticket item (I don't sell them frequently, maybe 3-5 times before) I provide the buyer with my cell phone number as a courtesy, just in case something goes awry. Nothing ever has, but it's only reasonable that they be able to get ahold of you quickly if something does go wrong or if there is a concern.

Yeah, I think I have gotten wayyyy too spoiled by my MPRS seller who gave me her phone number. In any case, I requested the info, called the number which is a Sprint PCS cell # and it went straight to voicemail. I left a message with my contact number also. I also went to the other auctions that he sold items on the same day and the day after and tried to email those buyers to just see if they had heard or gotten their item. Ebay wouldn't let me message them though. I really am starting to get concerned and I fell like an idiot newbie now. I know it's just because I really really had to talk myself into the luggage purchase, but... :sad:

Ugh. WELL....how about just going ahead and filing a PP claim and an eBay Item Not Received claim? If the seller shows up, they show up. If not, hopefully you get your money back easily.
I know this is stressful though!!! Been there.