ok, freaking out over here.....

heehee, will shackle myself to their front door!!

do you think I have any grounds for a replacement? repairing a 2 month old bag just does not seem right to me.

though, with what sophie and others say about the poorer quality products these days, the replacement might be worse!!!

I do not know. I guess it depends on the individual boutique I guess. Yea maybe... I guess that is a risk for not being able to inspect the bag before purchasing it :sad:

heehee, will shackle myself to their front door!!

do you think I have any grounds for a replacement? repairing a 2 month old bag just does not seem right to me.

though, with what sophie and others say about the poorer quality products these days, the replacement might be worse!!!

They will because t is their product. Just have your receipt with u to how that it is under a year. I was sent a damaged matryoshka from Saks and they fixed it for me no charge

thanks pls5 and burberryprncess.

There is a chanel boutique in town but as mentioned by burberry, I am not confident that they will deal with this since the bag was purchased from Nordstrom.

I have already emailed my SA from Nordstrom and am waiting to hear back from her.

I'm sure that if I fight hard enough, I can get the Chanel here to repair the stitching or for that matter I am also sure that I can get it re-stitched by any leather repair shop. But that kind of defeats the point in my opinion of purchasing a supposedly high end designer product from an authorised retailer. I won't be happy but I can accept it better if I got the item at a reduced price from an authorised source but not for a full-price item that I've used not more than 10 times, if that.

aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh

Mojo, Chanel Singapore (I'm assuming you are a fellow Singaporean) will not do a free replacement (unless you bought it from a Chanel boutique and only if the purchase was made in the last 7 days) but I'm certain they will do the repair. Good luck :smile:

Mojo, I'm sorry to hear that your Jumbo has a loose thread after only 10 wears. After reading all the previous posts it looks like the boutique should be able to help you out simply by showing the receipt. I can't imagine them not helping you out only because you bought the bag overseas. It seems reasonable to me that any Chanel boutique should help you out if you have an authentic bag with quality issues.

I have also noticed that the quality of Chanel bags is pretty poor. I bought a new reissue last Friday and when I came home I found out that it had a tiny loose thread. I was quite disappointed, but since it was only a tiny thread, I decided to simply glue it to the side with a tiny bit of glue. You can't notice the glue and it should prevent the thread coming undone even more.

Some time ago my Jumbo that I bought in September '09 also had a loose thread that I managed to push bag in the tiny hole and the thread that's on the inside of the flap also has come undone... very disappointing for such an expensive bag!

Thank you very much to all the ladies who have offered advice and reassurance!

Update on the situation: Nordstrom's initial response is very reassuring! My SA has asked me to send the bag back to her at their expense and she will try her best to replace the bag. All shipping will be borne by them and she's gonna send it back as a repair so that I won't have to pay import duties again.

I must say that I can't ask for more in terms of a response in this situation - A* for customer service!!