OK, don't have a Chanel YET, but I've been thinking.

I def think you should try them on in person to see how you like the straps on your shoulders etc. I think that is the easiest way to make your decision after you decide what budget you would like to set for your bag.

Hi MsWestchesterNY!! I used to live near there as well. (Grew up in Brewster) but my dad moved to West Harrison and whenever I visited him I'd LOVE to go to the Westchester mall. I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but what about the petite timeless tote. It's similar to the PST but with a zipper top. Just another thought :smile:

Hi MsWestchesterNY!! I used to live near there as well. (Grew up in Brewster) but my dad moved to West Harrison and whenever I visited him I'd LOVE to go to the Westchester mall. I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but what about the petite timeless tote. It's similar to the PST but with a zipper top. Just another thought :smile:

Hi my fellow Westchester gal!

is the PTT the same size or smaller than the PST ( haha I'm learning the abbreviations)
And is it in the same price range?
A PST is about $1600 right?
I"m sorry I'm asking questions that I KNOW are on here but that search thingy is NOT working for me, too many thread keeps popping up

PTT is going to be shorter and wider than a PST but hold about the same. They are in the same price range and a PST is $1600, don't know the exact on the PTT.

I agree I would go see them in person, it's hard to make a decision based on pictures.

With your budget in mind I think I would get an LV and then a caviar Chanel wallet. I think a speedy 35 is going to hold about double what a PST does. Plus the LV is going to look less worn over the years then Chanel. That's not to say the Chanel will not last but leather is always going to show the wear more than coated canvas over time if your continually using it.

PTT is going to be shorter and wider than a PST but hold about the same. They are in the same price range and a PST is $1600, don't know the exact on the PTT.

I agree I would go see them in person, it's hard to make a decision based on pictures.

With your budget in mind I think I would get an LV and then a caviar Chanel wallet. I think a speedy 35 is going to hold about double what a PST does. Plus the LV is going to look less worn over the years then Chanel. That's not to say the Chanel will not last but leather is always going to show the wear more than coated canvas over time if your continually using it.

Thanks so much!!!
A wallet it is!! squuee I can't wait!:yahoo:

If I could make one suggestion: Get a Chanel purse and an LV wallet, not the other way around :P I'm kidding, the other way around is nice too! :yahoo:

LOL I really want a PST AND A Speedy, but I also want a pait of Louis Vuitton sneakers, I only want to spend enough for 2 and not 3... what I'd really would like to do is buy a jumbo flap...maybe in another lifetime!!!!

I wouldn't say PTT is in the same price range as PST. It's actually the same price as GST, which is over $2000.

Perhaps you should look into eBay if you are interested in getting a jumbo. There are lot of vintage bags that looks really good even after so many years, as the quality was much better back then.

LOL I really want a PST AND A Speedy, but I also want a pait of Louis Vuitton sneakers, I only want to spend enough for 2 and not 3... what I'd really would like to do is buy a jumbo flap...maybe in another lifetime!!!!

I would not bother with the LV sneakers! Designer sneakers are not worth it, I have a couple pairs but it's only because I work for the company and with my discount they are about $30. Speaking as someone that works for a company that makes them, they quality is no better, it's just a mode of pleasing customers and generating sales.

The others brought up a good point, LV wallets are better than Chanel. You can always blow it all on a Chanel bag and then find a gently used LV wallet for a couple hundred dollars after.

hi OP.
it sounds like you have a lot of decisions to make. how old are you?

i think you should keep saving and get a jumbo chanel, or at least just dump all your money into chanel and get a wallet a little later on. chanel is more timeless and mature than LV, imho.

The others brought up a good point, LV wallets are better than Chanel. You can always blow it all on a Chanel bag and then find a gently used LV wallet for a couple hundred dollars after.

ITA . . . I would recommend that you splurge on a Chanel purse and get an LV wallet versus the other way around. LV wallets are extremely durable & last through a lot of rough handling. I've had mine for 5 years and it still looks great. Besides, you can never go wrong with a Chanel bag . . . they are truly classic, timeless pieces. Plus, they're one of the few bags that retain their value (if not go up in value).

I wouldn't say PTT is in the same price range as PST. It's actually the same price as GST, which is over $2000.

Perhaps you should look into eBay if you are interested in getting a jumbo. There are lot of vintage bags that looks really good even after so many years, as the quality was much better back then.

I am deathly afraid of eBay!!!!:cry: I know there's a section on here where ladies aunthenticate purses on ebay, but man oh man, I don't wanna chance it!
I would not bother with the LV sneakers! Designer sneakers are not worth it, I have a couple pairs but it's only because I work for the company and with my discount they are about $30. Speaking as someone that works for a company that makes them, they quality is no better, it's just a mode of pleasing customers and generating sales.

Hey Hey Hey!! I love Prada sneakers! They're so comfy!! LOL
ITA . . . I would recommend that you splurge on a Chanel purse and get an LV wallet versus the other way around. LV wallets are extremely durable & last through a lot of rough handling. I've had mine for 5 years and it still looks great. Besides, you can never go wrong with a Chanel bag . . . they are truly classic, timeless pieces. Plus, they're one of the few bags that retain their value (if not go up in value).

Ok I would love a jumbo flap or the PST/GST but there was another post previously that said that a Speedy would do me better because ( I'm paraphrasing here) the PST leather will get out of shape or something to that effect. Plus I'm not sure that a jumbo or medium flap would go with my everyday wear, but they're so darn classy and elegant looking
I'm a complete noob to things like this so I'm really really taking notes here on what everyone says to give me the best choice

You can always save up for a Jumbo if thats what you really want then it will be worth it in the end! :P