Chain strap squeak?

It's funny because mine is a 2012 jumbo Claire beige GHW and it squeeks so loud I'm sure the neighbors here! My med flap doesn't squeek at all though. Not sure my jumbo will ever break in

I've had my bag for about 2 years and it still squeaks. I've been tempted to use leather conditioner but I don't want to do anything that would ruin the hardware.

Has anyone tried leather conditioner??

My Jumbo is eight years old and squeaky. It has shiny caviar leather woven throughout the chain. The squeak is louder when filled, so I carry only the basics.
Ugh.
Love the bag; hate the squeak.

My Caciar Jumbo is little over 3 years old and chains still squeaks now though my lambskin jumbo never did right out from the new box. My Jumbo has very shiny and puffy caviar leather if it is related to the loud squeak sounds.
When I've got my caviar jumbo from my DH as a gift, I was really shocked how chains makes this squeaky sounds and really noisy and I was embarrassed to wear it.:shocked: I even doubted authenticity first But No way he would be fooled a fake Chanel from boutique?! :eek:I was very confused and contacted the SA in the boutique right away and she said caviar Jumbo are all about same for the sounds.
And Thanks to TPF soon PF saved my concern when I searched for helps :sos:
I was relieved that it was not only my jumbo. I found these threads at that time. I remember this thread and many ladies complaint their new caviar jumbos chains squeaks same, and some of humorous posts made me laugh so much:lol: and made me relieved. ;)

Reactions: Chanel7Chanel
My Caciar Jumbo is little over 3 years old and chains still squeaks now though my lambskin jumbo never did right out from the new box. My Jumbo has very shiny and puffy caviar leather if it is related to the loud squeak sounds.
When I've got my caviar jumbo from my DH as a gift, I was really shocked how chains makes this squeaky sounds and really noisy and I was embarrassed to wear it.:shocked: I even doubted authenticity first But No way he would be fooled a fake Chanel from boutique?! :eek:I was very confused and contacted the SA in the boutique right away and she said caviar Jumbo are all about same for the sounds.
And Thanks to TPF soon PF saved my concern when I searched for helps :sos:
I was relieved that it was not only my jumbo. I found these threads at that time. I remember this thread and many ladies complaint their new caviar jumbos chains squeaks same, and some of humorous posts made me laugh so much:lol: and made me relieved. ;)

LOL:lol: Yup I liked this thread too. I sold my jumbos but I remember my double flap caviar ones were noisy when single flap caviar were quiet.

Reactions: shopgirl4cc
My Jumbo Caviar purchased 2011 still squeaks. I don't carry it often, maybe 5 to 10 times a year. My caviar square Mini is 3 years old and does not squeak.

I was just going to ask if anyone who'd had a jumbo for a very long time and it still squeaks, then read your post.

Anyone who has had theirs a long time but uses it more often and it still squeaks? I've had mine for three weeks so I'm still getting used to it

My chains stopped squeaking when I put Cadillac Leather conditioner on them.

Yes! No more squeaking chains.
Cadillac Leather conditioner (available through Amazon) is awesome. No residue, lingering odor or damage to chain/hardware.
It took me a little time, but with a cotton swab, I wiped small amounts of leather conditioner under each chain link (where it touched the woven leather). I used my fingers and a paper towel to make sure the excess conditioner was removed.
Instant quiet chain.
My bag was an eight year old squeaker. I love that it's quiet. Now I just need to use it more often.

I also had a black caviar jumbo with a squeaky chain. I was hesitant to attempt to fix it for fear of somehow ruining it, but the chain has been bugging me since 2013 so I finally attempted to fix it. After reviewing this thread I delicately rubbed Cadillac lotion between each chain with a cotton swap then buffed the chain gently with a microfiber cloth. My chain is squeaky no more!! So far, no discoloration or damage to the chain plating. And the chain feels more flexible also. Hopefully this will be helpful to others that who are nervous about this type of DIY.

Reactions: LittleTuzi
I am so glad to have found this thread *cries*. I have a few Chanels, mostly vintages, and a couple of new ones, all in small to medium sizes and none of them squeaked.
But I just purchased a lovely vintage bag which is really in excellent/like new condition given its age (it is 9 series, so around 2004-2005) and the chain squeaked like crazy! I was paranoid if it was authentic or not but given that I bought it online direct from a store in Japan, plus the validation from this thread, I believe I have nothing to fear! :smile:

Reactions: Pursenal