Ok bag detectives, here's one for you!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Many years ago I had a beautiful bag which, after years of service, finally went to bag heaven. Other bag loves have come and gone but my HG has always been a bag just like the one I loved and lost. Maybe you lovely ladies can help in my quest?!
    Here goes with the description: She was medium size, with a long strap which could be worn cross body. The softest, smooshiest unlined leather, she had a drawstring top and a circular base. She looked rather like this one johnlewis.com/128054/Style.aspx - I'll consider this *if* I can't find a leather (as opposed to suede) one, but I may hold out. I've waited about 10 years, I can wait longer!
    I'll consider most price points - tbh I've seen the John Lewis one irl and would be happier to pay a bit more for something better quality. I'm in the UK which limits things rather.
    Oh, the original was bought from Selfridges about 17 (omg!) years ago - I can't recall the make, though I do remember it cost about £150, a LOT for me back then!
    Over to you, clever bag hunters! Thank you all for bearing with my ramble!
    Lots of love xxxx

2. I'd love to help, but I can't see the John Lewis one in your link. Is it like Hermes' Market bag or LV's Noe? If so, there are a lot of designers doing similar things now, including Chloe and Mulberry. Good luck!

3. Attached Files:

4. ^ well that's easy then, most designers are doing bucket bags this season (as I mentioned above); you have a fair pick at Mulberry, Chloe and Marc by Marc Jacobs, or go for a classic like an LV Noe or Hermes Market bag (both can be bought preloved for a decent price).

5. have you consider this alexander wang diego bucket bag?
    it's pretty heavy though but i like it, and it got some rocker tone on it

Alexander Wang "Diego Studded Bucket in black"
    Medium size leather handbag, drawstring opening and front pocket, top handle and adjustable shoulder strap, 9 rows of black finish on brass base rivets
    size : 9.5"L x 12"H ; 7" drop from handle; 18" drop from strap
    currently retails for $795
    seen at : www.shop.alexanderwang.com
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Perhaps try Anya Hindmarch? she does some really nice cross bodies, and if I remember correctly some even had tassles.

7. I saw this one in person today on the streets of Sydney while collecting money for the Salvation Army. It's a nice bag :tup: