OJ Simpson

I was going to say that in California, it's illegal to write a book and make money off a crime you committed. I forgot that he was found Not Guilty (dammit!) so it's perfectly legal to write, publish, sell and make money off of it.

He doesn't seem to care that it's blood money, though.

Finally someone comes to their senses and cancels the whole thing!! The whole premise was disgusting. I feel badly that the families of the victims had to go through this whole thing when a book and interview never should have been considered. Peggy

Finally someone comes to their senses and cancels the whole thing!! The whole premise was disgusting. I feel badly that the families of the victims had to go through this whole thing when a book and interview never should have been considered. Peggy

ITA. Vomit-provoking. :cursing: Talk about scrapin' that barrel to make a buck or two. pathetic.

I read Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper Case Closed by Patricia Cornwell. It was her theory on who Jack the Ripper was.

For those who aren't familiar, between August and November of 1888, a man named Jack the Ripper strangled and mutilated five prostitutes and the crime was never solved.

Everyone knew what happened, she was never suspected of having anything to do with the murders, she wanted to close the books on the murders that were never solved - her book never offended anybody.

OJ was accused of killing these two poor people. He was found not guilty, meaning they couldn't prove it, and he wants to release a book on how he would have killed them, had he done it, and describe his act in graphic detail.

BIG difference between the two!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gwXXBU9-InHgXXvu-dN7FNTkDe_gD8S3C92G0

O.J.'s Rolex a Fake, Ordered Returned

1 day ago

SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) — O.J. Simpson is getting his fake Rolex watch back. The timepiece, seized earlier this week by attorneys for Fred Goldman, was ordered returned to the former football star after it was determined to be a knockoff made in China.
Goldman has won a multimillion-dollar wrongful death judgment against Simpson, but the watch has so little value it falls under an exemption in the judgment excluding jewelry worth less than $6,075.

Goldman lawyer David Cook said his client will comply with Friday's order by Superior Court Judge Gerald Rosenberg.

"While we are clearly disappointed with the outcome, this tells us that collecting on this judgment, against this guy, is really tough," Cook said.Cook had hoped the watch might be worth as much as $22,000, but an appraisal from San Francisco jeweler Shreve & Co. concluded it was worth only about $100. Simpson had told his lawyer, Ronald Slates, he paid $125 for it.

Cook told Rosenberg he had a buyer willing to pay as much as $10,000 for the watch because it was Simpson's. But Slates argued that didn't mean Simpson was obligated to let Cook sell his watch, and the judge agreed.

Had he agreed to let Cook try to sell the watch, Slates said, Cook might have tried to go after other Simpson possessions of little value, claiming he could also sell them at a huge markup.

"We don't want to create a precedent where they can do that and we're forever faced with it," Slates said.

Simpson was acquitted in a criminal trial of the 1994 murders of Goldman's son, Ron Goldman, and Simpson's ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson. After their families sued him for wrongful death, a civil court jury found him liable for the killings and ordered that he pay $33.5 million.

Most of that judgment remains unpaid, although Fred Goldman recently won the rights to Simpson's book, "If I Did It." The ghostwritten account of how Simpson could have committed the murders is a New York Times best-seller.