Oil-free suede protectant?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    I recently bought a hard-to-find Coach chevron suede purse. It's gorgeous! But honestly, I'm terrified to use it since I don't want to ruin it.

I emailed Coach, and the representative told me to use a spray that was oil-free but couldn't recommend a brand of spray. I've searched, but I'm not finding the "ingredient" list on the sprays, and most specify use for leather products. (I know suede is a type of leather, but still...)

Can anyone recommend an oil-free spray to protect suede against stains, dirt, and water? I'd really appreciate any help.

(I posted this in the general forum since the issue can pertain to other handbag brands too.)

Thanks so much everyone!

2. I swear by brand Collonil when it comes to caring/cleaning/protecting my bags.

I use their new Collonil Carbon Pro spray that is waterproofing and stain repelling product (it is actually succesor of the famous Collonil Waterstop and Collonin Nano Pro sprays) on all of my bags and shoes.

It is fantastic, protects perfectly and the leather doesn't have that stichy feeling like with the other brands.

I've also used it on all of my suede bags and it works miracles. Water just beads and drops off without even touching the leather itself so I would suggest you to try it.

They also have the special suede protector spray, but I haven't used it so I can't comment anything.

What I do know is that for suede you need a spray and NOT a lotion, cream or gel as it can alter the color and leave dark spots.

Hope this helps :smile:

3. Thanks! I'll give that one a shot!

4. Saphir has a Renovateur suede spray that nourishes, maintains and waterproofs suede, you can give it a try: https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-suede-spray.html