Ohh the dilemma: Which Red Bag to choose? Classic Jumbo or Reissue 226?

NancyFancy

O.G.
Feb 11, 2011
I wish I could keep both, however, I know one has to go back.

Some back story: I do have a very nice Chanel collection of 6 bags (see picture). But I lust for a RED one! I don’t baby my bags and they get used, some more than others and I’m not above having a collector’s piece.

That’s my dilemma. Both red bags are priced the same, have ruthenium hw. The difference? Lambskin vs Calfskin, durability vs desire, and bright lipstick red vs a slightly darker, muted red. The jumbo Classic is truly a statement bag. The color pops on the lamb, but I know that lamb is far from bulletproof. She would have to be for special occasions and no chance of rain! The Reissue is a slightly darker Red and looks like it could take a good beating and still look fabulous.

I do have a Reissue 226 in Bronze and I have a large Lamb black single flap (with black chain) that I love and do use.

Should I keep the Lamb or the Reissue? Or would you wait for a “redder” Reissue? Please put yourself in my heels and tell me which to keep and why?

P8051304_zpsdf0b3a73.jpg

P8051294_zps7f0f5119.jpg

My current collection (lacking a red bag!)
P8051258_zpsb7766ca5.jpg

Thank you for your thoughts.

Reissue is a much lighter and understated beauty than jumbo. But again... What does your heart desire? Seems like you are leaning towards reissue but not sure about the color. If that is the case... I would wait for the perfect red to come along.

I wish I could keep both, however, I know one has to go back.

Some back story: I do have a very nice Chanel collection of 6 bags (see picture). But I lust for a RED one! I don’t baby my bags and they get used, some more than others and I’m not above having a collector’s piece.

That’s my dilemma. Both red bags are priced the same, have ruthenium hw. The difference? Lambskin vs Calfskin, durability vs desire, and bright lipstick red vs a slightly darker, muted red. The jumbo Classic is truly a statement bag. The color pops on the lamb, but I know that lamb is far from bulletproof. She would have to be for special occasions and no chance of rain! The Reissue is a slightly darker Red and looks like it could take a good beating and still look fabulous.

I do have a Reissue 226 in Bronze and I have a large Lamb black single flap (with black chain) that I love and do use.

Should I keep the Lamb or the Reissue? Or would you wait for a “redder” Reissue? Please put yourself in my heels and tell me which to keep and why?

P8051304_zpsdf0b3a73.jpg

P8051294_zps7f0f5119.jpg

My current collection (lacking a red bag!)
P8051258_zpsb7766ca5.jpg

Thank you for your thoughts.
While I usually prefer the reissue, I would go with the classic jumbo this time. Classic flaps look great in red. Would you mind sharing more information on your bronze reissue? Is it from this year? Thanks!

I got the clutch on a chain in the lipstick red with ruthenium so I may be a little biased but I think you should keep the classic flap...it's a beautiful red and the ruthenium is a unique hardware on the classic bag IMO...

Hi, I much prefer the reissue even though I have a red M/L in lamb. For some reason the rhw on the red lamb does not look as good as silver or gold would be, the rhw suits the reissue more. Also, based on your current collection, it seems you prefer a smaller bag? But go with what you love!

Good luck deciding :smile: