Ohh, I've been bitten

roomommy

O.G.
May 14, 2008
. . .by the Carter bug!:wtf:
After all the posts about them, I had to see one IRL, so I went to Saks and saw the jr. and rocker tote in the charcoal.
:drool::drool::drool:

The leather is amazing--thick yet light. I don't think there was any skimping on this collection! I love the design; it's so sleek and understated.

The jr looks funny to me carried with the shoulder strap, because it has a squat shape and it doesn't balance right, but the tote looked perfect.
However, the tote is too big for a handbag.

So, can anyone (tad?) fill me in on the cubie? Is it the same width as the jr, only taller? Does it balance OK when over the shoulder? Which colors does it come in?

And for everyone else--should I trade in my Daydream hobo for a Carter?:sad:
I really didn't want to buy more than one full-priced bag this season.

In a transaction arranged over a month ago, I just got an aubergine Kate from a lovely tpfer and I didn't realize the color/shape would be so similar to the Daydream hobo. (I love the cute little purple Kate--won't give that up because it's very functional and was a great price).

Or I *could* get both a Carter and a Daydream. If I got a grey Carter I think I would forgo my planned grey Spring Street and a wallet on sale, so it equals out, right?

Too many choices!! What should I do?

Last edited:
if it helps -- tad promised to post pics of her cubie later today in my other thread (about the carter jr)

I spoke to the SA at MJ again today and still no sunburst bb -- I've actually thought about the cubie instead of the carter jr, but I really think it's (1) too small for me to use every day and (2) would be too awkward when carried on the shoulder.

I wonder if the carter jr might carry better on the shoulder when it's loaded up w/stuff -- I'll have to try to get to saks this weekend to check them out in person

cubie pics courtesy of tadpolenyc:
attachment.php

Last edited:
I don't think you should sacrifice your daydream for a carter -- if you can hold out til sales and get one then, or save up a little and get both of them -- they are much too different to even compare them -- esp since your daydream is lined with leather -- I wouldn't get rid of that. if anything, I'd say forget the dream street & go for the carter instead --

I would love to see modeling pics of the cubie!
So did tad decide on the cubie from the Carter collection? I can't remember.
I'm going to back and reread that thread with all her carter pics.

Well roo, I also did a bit of shopping today(well not buying just looking) and I saw the carter bags again and I absolutley love them, the leather, the studs :drool: I loved the one with the 3 compartments best. I like the daydream, but would prefer a carter anytime, not too keen on the Spring Street - sorry. So I'd say get Carter and keep your Daydream :smile:

I went back to tad's "blockheads" thread and looked at the pics--the cubie looks narrower than the jr., so it would probably be too small for me, but I'd like to hear tad's thoughts.

Iluv, good thought that the jr. might hang differently if it were filled with stuff. MJ SLGs are heavy enough--my ZC especially might anchor the bag. With just the stuffing, the bag rocked precipitously when I tried it on with the strap, I think because it is so short and wide in relation to its height.

I'm definitely a shoulder bag girl, as I discovered through the whole stam experience (and yes I still want a Elise, but more to have than to carry).

I don't think the Kate and daydream are all that similar -- your Kate is suede, your daydream leather -- the kate has three sections, while the daydream has one -- I think the kate is a fatter bag while the daydream is flatter -- the only similarity I can see is that they're both a shade of purple!

I definitely think they're different enough for you to keep and enjoy both!

Iluv, if you think the cubie is too small, then does that mean it's smaller than the jr?
I was hoping it was the same width, only taller.

the cubie is taller but it's shorter than the carter jr -- I believe 9" long, while the jr is 12.5

I say trust your instincts - if you love both, I don't think they're too similar at all. But if you're having second thoughts about a bag you paid full price for, then I think you just have to evaluate whether it's right for you. They're both gorgeous and I think they're different enough to justify keeping both if that's what you decide. But the Carter bags are TOTALLY different and really stand out, IMO. I'd wait to see what Tad has to say, though. And as for the Spring Street, I still haven't figured out how to download my spy-phone pics, but one concern I have with it is that the bottom may sag when it's filled. Also, as soft and pretty as it is (and probably more my style), it doesn't have the WOW factor the Daydream and Carter bags have, again IMHO.

Well roo, I also did a bit of shopping today(well not buying just looking) and I saw the carter bags again and I absolutley love them, the leather, the studs :drool: I loved the one with the 3 compartments best. I like the daydream, but would prefer a carter anytime, not too keen on the Spring Street - sorry. So I'd say get Carter and keep your Daydream :smile:

Is the one with the three compartments the Coco tote (the one grace7 was deciding on)? Thankfully I think that might be too big for me, so that's one less I have to debate over.:sweatdrop: They are all so beautiful!

BTW, did you get your Edie bag yet?

The Kate is a nice shape, has a push lock and is suede, the Daydream is leather and has that great snap and chain, you can't get rid of them.
Can you order the carter bags and try them on and then make up your mind?

I say trust your instincts - if you love both, I don't think they're too similar at all. But if you're having second thoughts about a bag you paid full price for, then I think you just have to evaluate whether it's right for you. They're both gorgeous and I think they're different enough to justify keeping both if that's what you decide. But the Carter bags are TOTALLY different and really stand out, IMO. I'd wait to see what Tad has to say, though. And as for the Spring Street, I still haven't figured out how to download my spy-phone pics, but one concern I have with it is that the bottom may sag when it's filled. Also, as soft and pretty as it is (and probably more my style), it doesn't have the WOW factor the Daydream and Carter bags have, again IMHO.

My instincts say it's insane to pay over $500 for a purse, so I've been battling those instincts for a while now.:sweatdrop: I think I'll always have second thoughts about a bag I paid $1k for, even though I can afford it, just because I wasn't raised that way.

I think your concern with the Spring Street is legit--my Bruna is made of goat leather also and it sags at the bottom when I carry it. I don't have too much stuff also--usually a ZC, palais royale wristlet, and cell phone.