Oh the dilemma - need advice TPF...

LVjudy

big purse, big heart
O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
today i went to my local LV to try on the mahina L & to decide on getting either noir or elephant gray. i did not have any plans on buying the bag when i went b/c i have a trip to paris coming up in about 3 wks. to my dismay they advised they had the blk but there were only 2 gray in all the US :shucks:

my problem now is do i pounce on one of the bags still avl or do i chance it & wait to see if the LV gods smile on me when i get to paris. i really wanted to put off all major LV purchases till my visit to the motherland but now i dont know what to do. what what you do? wait or pounce?

I find that the SAs always tell me if they only have TWO of something, that's it's really limited, etc. I was planning on buying a new LV in October and I just went down to try on bags. If the Wilshire Blvd in Rose Pop is there when I go back..lucky me, if not, i'll get it in pomme.

Wait til Paris!

Well I had a SA to tell me there is no more candy bag charms left at any of the boutiques...and that they were sold out...then I went online and spoke to Ingrid...and she says...no there are many available! So...I just ordered online....I think they want to try to get you to buy right away when they tell you that!

I agree. Wait. If you can't get elephant black is amazing also. I wouldnt jump on it. It is an amazing experience to be able to go to France and buy your LV there!

If you are willing to chance it, wait until Paris. Screw the experience of shopping at the motherland LV...you're going to save a lot of $$$$ with the Euro & VAT, especially for a Mahina. You can get more items with the money you save over there.

But I have also learned not to mess with LE - with my luck I would just buy it here if I wanted it badly enough. Is the color LE or is it a color that needs to be replenished? Call the Paris boutique and ask them how many they have or ask a French TPFer to do it for you.

Well I had a SA to tell me there is no more candy bag charms left at any of the boutiques...and that they were sold out...then I went online and spoke to Ingrid...and she says...no there are many available! So...I just ordered online....I think they want to try to get you to buy right away when they tell you that!

Unless there's been a change since they upgraded/changed their system in the boutiques, the boutiques & online look at different inventories/places. Also, SAs can see if an item is waitlisted at another boutique, so that makes an item "unavailable" depending on the customer & SA.

I called 866 Vuitton this am & the SA yesterday was right. Only 2 stores have grey & the warehouse does not show multiple. I asked then to chk in Paris but they advised they could only chk the US inventory. I hv a SA that I deal with @ 866 Vuitton & I might call her tomorrow to see if she would contact the Paris store for me. The rep today gv me a # for customer relations but it was an international call. I also want to know if the bag is indeed discontinued or simply out of stock.

Hopefully I can hold out b/c I really didn't plan on buying the bag before my trip :sad: