Oh no...

psulion08

I want it all
O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
So I'm rather new to ebay, with only 1 feedback. However, I was after an LV checkbook cover. The seller had great communication and so I went ahead and bid on the item. I even put in a max. bid. I was winning the item when I got two new messages on ebay from the seller, answering questions I had asked her about shipping and such.

However, what got me is that she said that regular checks would not fit in the cover! Only international checks because it is vintage! Well great, there's 30minutes to go in the auction and I'm winning. I had emailed her back stating that because it can't hold my checks I do not want it. I feel bad, but I don't want to pay for something that I can't use. So I ended up winning the item. I just hope that the seller doesn't think I had buyers remorse, because I was all about paying for the item, I got it for a great deal. But I just can't use it.

In the future, if such happens again, you can retract your bid before the end of the auction. If it happens in an emergency, and only occasionally--I have retracted one bid in almost 800 transactions, and that was because I wanted some gardening gloves for my mother and bid as it was ending soon, and then the seller told me they were men's medium, not worman's--it is ok.

What happens now really depends on the seller. Honestly, your bid is a binding legal contract, whether you can use the item or not. You bid on it, you won it, you bought it.

If you can work out a mutual withdrawal with the seller, that would be the best case for you. But if she says, sorry, it's yours now, please pay, and you don't, she would be within her rights to file NPB (non paying bidder) on you and give you negative feedback.

Either way, you've learned what we all have learned (and usually the hard way) get all your questions answered before you bid!

In the future, if such happens again, you can retract your bid before the end of the auction. If it happens in an emergency, and only occasionally--I have retracted one bid in almost 800 transactions, and that was because I wanted some gardening gloves for my mother and bid as it was ending soon, and then the seller told me they were men's medium, not worman's--it is ok.
I dont think you can retract bids so close to the end of the auction. At this late stage you would need to ask the seller to cancel your bids.
In future go by the dimensions given in the listing or ask the sller to be sure..

So I'm rather new to ebay, with only 1 feedback. However, I was after an LV checkbook cover. The seller had great communication and so I went ahead and bid on the item. I even put in a max. bid. I was winning the item when I got two new messages on ebay from the seller, answering questions I had asked her about shipping and such.

However, what got me is that she said that regular checks would not fit in the cover! Only international checks because it is vintage! Well great, there's 30minutes to go in the auction and I'm winning. I had emailed her back stating that because it can't hold my checks I do not want it. I feel bad, but I don't want to pay for something that I can't use. So I ended up winning the item. I just hope that the seller doesn't think I had buyers remorse, because I was all about paying for the item, I got it for a great deal. But I just can't use it.

Now that's a question I wouldn't even have thought to ask - does this checkbook cover fit regular size checks? Geez! She should have stated that in the auction. I've retracted bids twice in my history before and it went into effect immediately.

Linda

I'm sorry but you bought it w/o getting the answers that you needed before bidding. I think that you should pay for it and re-sell it yourself. It's really not the sellers fault. Just my .02

I'm just waiting for her to respond. Then...whatever the case may be..i'll pay for it...i don't want a neg. feedback! But I just have to wait...ugh so stupid of me.

I think the seller should have explained that all checks will not fit in this cover. How are the buyers suppose to know. I thought all checks were the same size. You learn something new everyday.

I'd ask her nicely if she'll allow you to opt out, but if she says No, do the right thing, pay for the cover, then re-sell.
Hard lesson there.