Oh. No. You. Didn't.

beeb

O.G.
May 29, 2008
Ladies, tonight your pal beeb almost needed to send out an SOS for bail money.

I almost killed a man.

Picture this....

It's after work, and I'm at Target picking up some groceries and odds and ends. I'm tired. It's hot in there, and I'm dressed like Nanook of the North because my office is usually a thrilling 53 degrees.

I've navigated the aisles with a broken cart, and finally made my way to the line. I'm not bothering anyone, just standing there, hands on the cart, Blossom Lingo on my left arm. I'm watching a cute toddler blow spit bubbles.

I don't see it coming.

The cart with the broken edge slams into me, LINGO first. I feel it drag across my beloved, pulling her back and away from me and ripping across her smooth, shiny, beautiful leather.

Can you imagine it, ladies? Can you feel with me my horror, my outrage, my anguish?

I close my eyes and tilt my head back, both steeling myself to check out the damage, and willing myself not to kill this Careless Target Employee so close to the holidays.

I inhale, hold it, and look down, horrified.

What?

NOTHING has happened to her?! How can that BE? She took an INSANE hit!

LUX! I LOVE YOU! TANO! BE STILL MY HEART!

Hallelujah, Blossom is OK!

I give the Careless Target Employee the Look of Evil Death and he looks back at me. I tell him he slammed into me and nearly ruined my bag. He nods sheepishly, and says he didn't think I noticed.

Buoyed by the survival of my Blossom, I decide to let him live.

Last edited:
I would think he would be more concerned since if he hit you and hurt you, his job would be on the line and the store would be liable for your injuries. Actually you were nice...I probably would have been a tad b!tch!er about it. I mean, what if he ran into a young kid and knocked him over??

But I'm glad you are OK, and glad your lingo didn't get damaged! I don't want to think of the wrath of Beeb if he had ripped or scratched her!

^ kmh, I would have stormed over to the customer service desk and DEMAND that the bag be replaced.

Maybe I could have convinced TE to sell it to them for like $3,000, keeping a chunk for herself and giving each of us a Tano for my trouble? :sunnies

I'm laughing now, but at the time I truly felt murderous. He apologized twice after, and all I could really do was nod at him. I didn't trust myself to speak!

Wow, I am so impressed with the durability of Tano. I am glad to hear your new bag is ok. And I think that would've been grounds for justifiable homicide if he did hurt your bag.

OMG beeb I almost had a heart attack reading that your lingo got ripped - but then PHEW! It wasn't! OMG scary! Sorry to hear you and miss pretty got banged up - glad everyone survived (including the reckless dude!) lol

Beeb I actually cried out "Nooooo" halfway through your post and then said, again, out loud "Oh, thank goodness" when I got to the 'it was alright' part! Your beautiful new (dang it I'm serious, how the h*** do you do pink - I've looked and looked) Blossom!!

I'm so happy to hear it's OK and it's great to know how rugged our bags really are, isn't it ladies?!

Beeb I actually cried out "Nooooo" halfway through your post and then said, again, out loud "Oh, thank goodness" when I got to the 'it was alright' part! Your beautiful new (dang it I'm serious, how the h*** do you do pink - I've looked and looked) Blossom!!

I'm so happy to hear it's OK and it's great to know how rugged our bags really are, isn't it ladies?!

Reply to my post. See the little bold A with a black bar under it? Clicky. ;)

Thanks, brimack!

D'oh, I could Swear I clicked or hovered over every. single. option. at least 2x!! And I can even work the new Word (hate it, hate it, hate it)! <slinking away in embarassment now>

ETA: Too embarassed to even say ... Thank you!!

beeb my heart was racing! Oh my goodness I'm so glad it ended up okay (and I bet that employee is too! hahah) But yikes! I'd be terrible and clutching my bag for a few days until the terror subsided. :hugs:to make you feel a little better!

I feel it drag across my beloved, pulling her back and away from me and ripping across her smooth, shiny, beautiful leather.

Beeb.......when I read that sentence my heart nearly stopped!

But :yahoo:Tano!!! I'm so glad your bag survived the hit. I would have been 10 seconds from a freak out myself.... Did you hug her and pet her as soon as you got in the car? :P

lbb, I have babied her since!

Voo, I took off my coat and put her on underneath it. :lolots: After I was in the car & driving I kept looking over expecting that she was damaged and I had somehow missed it!

Odebdo, I'm petting her right now. :jammin: