Oh No!! Whiskey Paddy Regrets!!!

I had buyer's remorse about my anthracite paddy - so, I listed it on Ebay. No one bought it for retail, and since it was brand new I did not want to take a loss. Now, I am glad I kept it; last night at The Capital Grille the waitress complimented it, at Dept stores women come up to me and compliment it; in short, the paddy is a very unique and highly coveted bag - but, try Ebay and see what happens - however, if you don't sell it you might find out you love it.

Where have you been shopping? I'd think that sales agents at nicer stores would be approaching you like crazy complimenting you on your bag and telling you about the perfect clothes to go with the bag! Keep it! Whiskey is my favorite color on the paddington. You're right though, I love the bag but didn't get it because it felt too heavy for me.

I have sold a few genuine bags on ebay; Dior, Juicy, etc. you will not get a fair price for your very special bag - believe me. I feel an empathy with you because if I can't get my hands on a bag I want NOW - soon I won't care - I tend to be a bit fickle in certain material items - Try to return it, soon you will be in love with another -

If you can't return it, sell it. If you don't love the bag, there's no reason to keep it....you could take a loss (not a ridiculous loss though) and put the money towards the LV you like.

that's really funny. because i use my expensive bags everyday, carry them to work... and i always hope no one at work recognizes my bags. and i'm thankful that my parents and family don't recognize them as expensive bags either, if they did, they would disown me! anyway but i do occasionally get compliments at work. they notice that it IS a nice bag, but they don't recognize the brand. which is FINE with me! i don't want to be known as the girl who spends a lot on bags.

but when i go out shopping say on 5th ave, or soho. it gets recognized.

For me, it used to be that I wanted to get recognition, but now I really don't care as long as I love the bag. That's why I also don't really like LV anymore because 1. their monogram is too in-your-face (as with most other designer monograms) and 2. there are too many fakes going around.

Secondly, yes people will recognize your LV's and other blatantly obvious bags. BUT, if you carry around an authentic bag that most people don't recognize, that's just because they're not on a level to see quality and designer. It's not your problem, it's theirs! And believe me, the experienced would know.

So now I don't care if the majority don't know the brand of my bags, because experts would. And I also feel that carrying monograms around is getting a bit tacky and too show-offish. For me, quiet wealth is a lot better than shouting that you have money.

fayden said:
that's really funny. because i use my expensive bags everyday, carry them to work... and i always hope no one at work recognizes my bags. and i'm thankful that my parents and family don't recognize them as expensive bags either, if they did, they would disown me!

Same here. I crave these bags and long to carry them and then pray that no one I know comments on/recognizes them! It's crazy. My bags are an obsession and they bring me great joy, but with them I carry a bit of shame. lol

:shame: :love:

Daisy said:
Same here. I crave these bags and long to carry them and then pray that no one I know comments on/recognizes them! It's crazy. My bags are an obsession and they bring me great joy, but with them I carry a bit of shame. lol

:shame: :love:

I totally agree. That is the one reason why I don't take out my LV multicolore hardly anymore. No more monograms for me. It's just so much nicer when people comment on the bag without knowing what it is!!! I know this sounds weird, but even though I pay for them myself, I still feel guilty for having such bags from time to time. I still love them so much though! It's my dirty little secret.

I agree Shu. Usually the SA's are the only ones who recognize my bags. That's okay with me!

shu said:
For me, it used to be that I wanted to get recognition, but now I really don't care as long as I love the bag. That's why I also don't really like LV anymore because 1. their monogram is too in-your-face (as with most other designer monograms) and 2. there are too many fakes going around.

Secondly, yes people will recognize your LV's and other blatantly obvious bags. BUT, if you carry around an authentic bag that most people don't recognize, that's just because they're not on a level to see quality and designer. It's not your problem, it's theirs! And believe me, the experienced would know.

So now I don't care if the majority don't know the brand of my bags, because experts would. And I also feel that carrying monograms around is getting a bit tacky and too show-offish. For me, quiet wealth is a lot better than shouting that you have money.

Megadane said:
I know what you mean-I'm like, strolling through the crowds with my eyes pleading "Look at me and my pretty Paddy"..and not a glance, LOL. I'll stand by my new fav. quote "vanity is my favorite sin".
:smile:

megadane - I understand how you feel. I live in Canada too and I think most Canadians are not very bag savvy. Most know the obvious ones like LV, Gucci, Dior and Coach. When I bought my first Marc Jacobs 3 years ago, people looked at me like "who is he?" and I'd have to explain who he is. It's because we don't have a very large selection of designer bags, Holt Renfrew is all that we have. I have a paddie too and I really love it! I think once you see someone carry their paddie, you'll fall in love with it all over again;)

I'm from Canada too and carried a Balenciagia city for almost a year before anyone recognized it - it was a SA at Holts who finally did. People are not bag savvy here, but so what. Those who like bags recognize them. Where are you located?
As for your paddy, hang on to it for a while. I would'nt consign it, you won't get your money back. Hang on to it for a while and if you are still having second thoughts sell it closer to the summer. The LV will always be available and the paddy won't.

shu said:

I agree about the LV monogram, there are so many fakes going around people look at your bag and wonder is it real or a fake. That is why I never really liked LV so when I did decide to get one I bought the Damier because they really don't make those into fakes. I work in NYC and there are fakes on every street corner. So when I carry an expensive bag I don't want people thinking I bought it off the street for $20. I would rather go for a more subtle bag w/o any monograms and that way I know it's real and just knowing that makes me happy!! As long as you're happy who cares what anyone else thinks!