OH NO!!! Trouble with my pink Heritage Stripe tote!

Your bag is really cute. It's too bad that the color is transferring. If you are not happy with the product take it back and don't let anybody tell you they won't take it. SA's are taught to talk you out of the return, but the store manager should approve the return regardless of how many days you carried it and if the tags are off of it.

Good luck!! M

ok - here is my 2 cents...

Exchange the bag for a new one of the same style and size, then spray the handles with a scotchguard product. Even if it wasnt the color tranfering to the straps, eventually they will get dirty just by normal handling since they are cotton/canvas type material.

This way you can start fresh...I would hate to see u attempt to clean it and only make the situation worse. Then you can protect it from future problems as well. What do u think?

Exchange the bag for a new one of the same style and size, then spray the handles with a scotchguard product. Even if it wasnt the color tranfering to the straps, eventually they will get dirty just by normal handling since they are cotton/canvas type material.

This way you can start fresh...I would hate to see u attempt to clean it and only make the situation worse. Then you can protect it from future problems as well. What do u think?
Thats a great idea!!!!!

But would scotchguard keep the pink leather from doing it again?

That does suck that the color is transfering to your strap. Especially if you are paying so much $$ for your bag! I am inclined to believe that this is going to happen with any colored leather though. It really doesn't look that bad and it is on the inside of the strap. If it were on the outside I would be very mad and want my money back for sure! Since it really is bothering you I would take it back for credit, but I wouldn't buy another one in any color, because I bet you money it does on all of the bags. I wonder if the scotch guard will prevent the color transfer though? I am sure it will help with the dirt issues but color. :hrmm: With all of the return issues that have been coming up, I hope your exchange goes smoothly. Good luck!

No I was just saying if it happened to me it wouldn't bother me that much if alot of people had this problem. But since LA has been using hers and it hasn't happened then this is probably an exception. I didn't mean to say that she is wrong for being picky I was giving my opinion. nvm

OH I know sweetie, I was just so upset with COACH because they have been making bags for years and lately they have been messing up a lot with measurements, colors, etc and it makes me wonder what the heck is going on or who the heck is working for them now (designers/makers). I do love their bags, etc but am starting to worry a bit because like most of us... we sell, save, dream, about nothing but getting more COACH stuff and I want every one to be happy because $$$ is hard to come up with some times . What happened to COACH standing behind their bags for LIFE? I have been hearing a lot of horror stories :sweatdrop:
You voice your opinion all you want :flowers: I didnt mean any thing towards you at all. I admit I am soooooooo picky that it is really silly :shocked: and I wish little things did not bother me but they will drive me nutz (lol) I just bought the XL satchel yesterday and am afraid to use her... isnt that so silly, YES!!! I hate being or trying to have every thing stay perfect all the time, when we know that is NOT going to happen.
I do believe that COACH should do some thing for her ... HONESTLY even refund her if that is want she wants. I cant wait to hear from her tomorrow to see if they stand behind the words they freely throw out there when we are purchasing a new bag from them. I guess we will have to wait and see.
HUGS :flowers:

Sorry nutz4purses, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just felt like I was being told that I was wrong and telling the OP that she should have expected that and deal with it. I am getting a XL satchel also in the white so I don't think there would be color transfer. I returned my white Leigh because I was so afraid of her getting dirty if I used her so I returned her. But bags are made to be worn and used (someone one here taught me this lol) so that is why I went with white. I love white I just had to get the guts to use it.
HUGS!!!! :flowers:

Sorry nutz4purses, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just felt like I was being told that I was wrong and telling the OP that she should have expected that and deal with it. I am getting a XL satchel also in the white so I don't think there would be color transfer. I returned my white Leigh because I was so afraid of her getting dirty if I used her so I returned her. But bags are made to be worn and used (someone one here taught me this lol) so that is why I went with white. I love white I just had to get the guts to use it.
HUGS!!!! :flowers:

Its all good :graucho: I am starting to wonder if I should have went with the White one :confused1: I love my Ger/Red but am a little worried HOWEVER I did check and my straps has the Red leather pc that connects to the round ring and that part is what touches the red leather across the top of my bag so I/it should be good. :shrugs: OH I am so hoping... lol
CONGRATS on getting a satchel, they are so GORGEOUS!!! :love:

i say take it back, from experience w/ my white Ali and white Mandy, i have never been so disappointed because of the color transfer on those bags... ( i realize yours is different than mine, but still....) i cannot even look at my bags, i am so mad about it.

That is a bummer, but I agree with tanukiki that it is probably bound to happen on any bag and atleast it is on the inside.. not sure if they will do much but they probably will since it is so new.. if that is something that will drive you crazy then I would try and return it.. the bag still looks great though! :tup:

Hi all Pink and Geranium Heritage Stripe tote owners! Has anyone else had any problems with color transfer to the straps? I'm hoping not but wanted to check as I'm planning on purchasing a tote and this will affect my decision.

Also, just wanted to ask if the straps are pilling or showing dirt very easily.

Thanks!

WOW, i didn't know this was happening, i've used my XL khaki/white satchel for awhile now, but haven't used it for about a few weeks due to another recent bag purchase!:graucho: but i'm definitely going to check my handles and make sure no color is being transferred cuz that would not be good! :crybaby: