Travel Oh no Roma-Italy ...killing me ...HELP !!!

I was curious about an update. Are you feeling any better about living in Roma now?

Since you know it's just for a certain time, I would try to focus less on the things that you miss (I moved from Chicago to very southern coastal North Carolina and it's been a hard adjustment for me) and more on the opportunities for exploring a country that so many people love. With better mass transit than the US has, it should be simpler to go to different cities and areas of the country and experience the many different cultures in Italy. You can learn something about authentic Italian cooking (it's not Olive Garden or Maggiano's!).

You have an opportunity that most people never have--make the most of it and the time will fly. To visit many places you won't need perfect Italian. While there we found the Italian people very gracious to visitors.

I do understand the feelings you expressed. You become comfortable with where you live, you have your life structured and know where to go when you need something or a service, you understand the appliances, the phones, etc. Then everything is turned upside down. It must be very difficult.

There were a lot of good ideas for meeting people in your situation. Have any of them worked out for you?

Best wishes. Embrace this time.